My Parcel is "broken"

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Seriously, if having the wind light screwed up for the better part of a year by EEP (with no word from Linden Lab on whether it will ever be fixed or even when!), isn't bad enough ... 

Now my parcel is completely "broken," for lack of a better word.  

I logged in this morning to find that my entire mainland parcel has building disabled, scripts disabled, music disabled etc. So there I am standing in silence unable to build anything on my own plot which also contains my store.  Luckily the vendors in the store continue to work, or appear to, but literally nothing else works.  The parcels right next door in the same sim all work fine so it's not the sim.  

I've searched online for an hour or so.  

- There are NO notes fromLL as to any problems

- NOTHING in the forums or anywhere else of anyone having similar problems.

- No problems shown on my dashboard.

- No problems with my account

- NO support from LL that I can find.

Seriously, I'm starting to wonder why we even pay the fees!  

$72 USD a year for a small parcel on the mainland that has been basically broken (because EEP) for 7 or 8 months in a row and now won't work at all. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Sylvia

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Seriously, if having the wind light screwed up for the better part of a year by EEP (with no word from Linden Lab on whether it will ever be fixed or even when!), isn't bad enough ... 

Now my parcel is completely "broken," for lack of a better word.  

I logged in this morning to find that my entire mainland parcel has building disabled, scripts disabled, music disabled etc. So there I am standing in silence unable to build anything on my own plot which also contains my store.  Luckily the vendors in the store continue to work, or appear to, but literally nothing else works.  The parcels right next door in the same sim all work fine so it's not the sim.  

I've searched online for an hour or so.  

- There are NO notes fromLL as to any problems

- NOTHING in the forums or anywhere else of anyone having similar problems.

- No problems shown on my dashboard.

- No problems with my account

- NO support from LL that I can find.

Seriously, I'm starting to wonder why we even pay the fees!  

$72 USD a year for a small parcel on the mainland that has been basically broken for 7 or 8 months in a row and now won't work at all. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Sylvia

Well so far as EEP, installing and using a viewer that is NOT EEP enabled should fix that. As far as I know MOST (in my mind that is maybe 90 percent but just a guess) are NOT on an EEP viewer.  Firestorm is still working fine -- very close to how things were on preEEP servers.

So far as issues with your parcel, can you not CHANGE those settings in the land tab so that you have things enabled as you want?  If not, is this GROUP land and something has gone wrong with your abilities to make changes?  

image.png.90978b24d29e6f33dc5e59e4a76e2872.png

6 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well so far as EEP, installing and using a viewer that is NOT EEP enabled should fix that. As far as I know MOST (in my mind that is maybe 90 percent but just a guess) are NOT on an EEP viewer.  Firestorm is still working fine -- very close to how things were on preEEP servers.

So far as issues with your parcel, can you not CHANGE those settings in the land tab so that you have things enabled as you want?  If not, is this GROUP land and something has gone wrong with your abilities to make changes?  

image.png.90978b24d29e6f33dc5e59e4a76e2872.png

Thanks for the reply.  

As far as EEP goes, we only really have a choice between the LL viewer and Firestorm and LL's viewer is just so bad and so limited that it really isn't a serious option for anyone who's been in SL for very long.  I know I can use my own Windlights (and I do) but I'm seriously tired of changing back and forth all the time.  Also since most of the places I go have their own Windlights I need to switch back and forth from "Use region wind light" to my own wind light literally every single time I TP anywhere.  It's exhausting and it's been more than half a year now.  

Irrespective of that the real problem is the broken sim, and yes, I've tried enabling/disabling thing is the parcel settings.  Things tick and untick but nothing actually happens the readout in the top bar doesn't reflect the choices in the parcel preferences and doesn't change when I tick/untick items.  (see picture) 

Nothing has changed since yesterday when it all worked fine (luckily I put the item I was working on, for sale last night before I logged off otherwise I'd be completely screwed right now).  

The group is fine, my account is fine, etc. Everything is completely normal and unchanged from the way it always worked according to the interface anyway.  I didn't even look at parcel details for weeks let alone change them.  

The object list doesn't reflect any foreign objects although I'm not sure if I can assume that it's working considering the mis-match between the parcel settings and what the top bar is telling me. 

Snapshot_002.png

I guess I am confused about what you think isn't working.   I see the same thing in the land tab as you do but it seems correct. You should probably note that you have not set a landing point BUT have "landing point" as the teleport  routing. 

image.png.85d5e6e68ea311a165d2722acca514fd.png

Here is your neighbors right next door. Theirs seems to be correct also.

image.png.edbdd655416c54cf87e866a1d77fc31a.png

And here is mine. They ALL seem to be saying in the info bar just what they should.  So I am confused.  What do you think you SHOULD see that you are not seeing?   

image.png.c99621e98f57892f67dd41d57be3c445.png

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I guess I am confused about what you think isn't working.   I see the same thing in the land tab as you do but it seems correct. You should probably note that you have not set a landing point BUT have "landing point" as the teleport  routing. 

Here is your neighbors right next door. Theirs seems to be correct also.

And here is mine. They ALL seem to be saying in the info bar just what they should.  So I am confused.  What do you think you SHOULD see that you are not seeing?   

(pictures removed)

Thanks for the heads up about the teleport routing.  You are correct, I don't use a landing point, but I used to and did not reset that setting.  In practice it hardly matters but I will change it anyway.  

The problem is that despite all the settings telling me that everything is correct, the actual fact of the matter is that everything is turned off.  so what's showing on the parcel preferences tab is not reality (Note in my original snap that in the top bar of the viewer, the correct, i.e. "real" situation is that I am unable to build on the land).  

Also, from time to time the parcel settings tab greys out or doesn't register, only to come back a moment later.  

Other things I've tried:

- Logging in as my alt (the other member of the group)

- Checking the status of all members of the group

- Getting friends to visit

Everyone who visits reports the same thing, i.e. that the top bar of the viewer tells them they cannot build there (even if they normally could), the music won't play, media doesn't work, scripts don't work, etc. and that all the parcels that surround me are fine and that the sim itself is fine.  

I guess I will submit a trouble ticket, if only I remembered how to do that, lol.  

Linden Labs seems to hide that pretty well as it's no where on the main page or in my account pages AFAICS. 😉

Edit: Anyone have a link to how to do that? it's been many years since I had to.  Interestingly enough going to "help" on the main page doesn't get you a link to support tickets, and searching through help topics for "support ticket" or "trouble ticket" get's you nowhere as well. 

Edited by Sylvia Wasp

2 hours ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

Irrespective of that the real problem is the broken sim, and yes, I've tried enabling/disabling thing is the parcel settings.  Things tick and untick but nothing actually happens the readout in the top bar doesn't reflect the choices in the parcel preferences and doesn't change when I tick/untick items.  (see picture) 

The top bar doesn't tell you what you can do, it tells you what a visitor to the lot can do and a visitor to the lot can't build. It's been like that for a very long time. They briefly changed things to have the top bar actually tell you your settings and there was wailing and gnashing of teeth from residents because it was a change in behavior.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

I guess I will submit a trouble ticket, if only I remembered how to do that, lol.  

Linden Labs seems to hide that pretty well as it's no where on the main page or in my account pages AFAICS. 😉

Edit: Anyone have a link to how to do that? it's been many years since I had to.  Interestingly enough going to "help" on the main page doesn't get you a link to support tickets, and searching through help topics for "support ticket" or "trouble ticket" get's you nowhere as well. 

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

27 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

The top bar doesn't tell you what you can do, it tells you what a visitor to the lot can do and a visitor to the lot can't build. It's been like that for a very long time. They briefly changed things to have the top bar actually tell you your settings and there was wailing and gnashing of teeth from residents because it was a change in behavior.

You're right, it tells you what the parcel allows.  I mis-spoke.  

It doesn't change the fact that there is a complete mis-match between what the parcel settings (that I set as the owner) allow, and what is shown as actually  allowed.  The top bar in this case is showing what the actual situation on the parcel is.  

46 minutes ago, Sylvia Wasp said:

The problem is that despite all the settings telling me that everything is correct, the actual fact of the matter is that everything is turned off.  so what's showing on the parcel preferences tab is not reality (Note in my original snap that in the top bar of the viewer, the correct, i.e. "real" situation is that I am unable to build on the land).  

I had no problem flying or using a hud so those settings seem to be working. 

Do you have your CORRECT GROUP TAG on when you try and build? Unless you have it set (in Firestorm) to always rez to the land group that is likely necessary.   

• Like 1

Aaaannnnd ... on perhaps the 20th or 30th log-in ... everything seems to be mysteriously working again.  

For absolutely no reason at all.

Unless some Linden was secretly reading this and switched whatever switch it was that made it work again, lol.  

Thanks to everyone who commented. 

Sylvia

• Like 1

Just checked, and yes, at the moment Redding is pretty sick. i've seen worse -- at least I was able to TP in and out -- but it's no fun being there. (Its statistics are strange by the way: some almost full frames devoted to Agent Time. Only one other agent on the Mini-Map) 

Needs Lab attention; try Live Chat as suggested above. Or a support ticket.

It's weekend but needs attention. New sim in Bellissario new Linden Homes continent -- maybe new sims being added??

• Like 1

Good luck! (Be brave!) 👩‍🚀

(Just noting, while I was there, I didn't see neighboring sims on Mini-Map but they seemed fine on the Map.
Wondering for Support: Could this be a side-effect of stitching regions with their new neighbors? Or could there be a problem between releases? or, god forbid, a problem with the last release, if other reports?)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Luna Istmal said:

Thank you Qie for answering and checking, I will try the support, am sure now that was not something  that I was the only to feel :)

Wow, you were not kidding! I just popped in for a quick look, and could not move at all. There were only two people total in the region. Hope someone comes over to fix that for you!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 10:10 AM, Sylvia Wasp said:

Also since most of the places I go have their own Windlights I need to switch back and forth from "Use region wind light" to my own wind light literally every single time I TP anywhere.  It's exhausting and it's been more than half a year now.  

I've not really had any issue with windlight changing on it's own, I might of turned off such a thing if it was on at some point and forgotten, but I did find this option in the preferences if your on Firestorm that could be the cause

image.png.010178c12509464c7cb8f6aa9eeda1af.png

13 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Good luck! (Be brave!) 👩‍🚀

I am trying, I am brave and good, do nothing, just stuck there without AO while my horse is flying crazy out and in the parcel without control and disappearing every now and then... laughs

I just logged in, found I'd forgotten to leave Redding, and yeah: no improvement. It's Monday, though, so maybe once it gets to be a civil hour in California your support ticket will get worked, or maybe somebody would answer Live Chat who could restart the sim.

I do kinda wonder why these particular statistics are happening; a whole bunch of frames that look almost normal -- even reporting a bit of Spare Time -- and then some massive Agent Time and dilation, and either way trying to walk is just impossible. There does seem to be a ghosted dot on the MiniMap near the southern border of the region -- no name shows up and no avatar visible at the location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1810 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.