landmarks

Littlemouse Topaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Yeah, but it's good for you.

I really should find a spot to resurrect my fireplace* so I can expand the rogues gallery...
66053009_WarmWelcomes.thumb.jpeg.f199bec8d99cf2c4c64d7f2f8d828d80.jpeg

*Yeah I know. I've been saying that for years.

are you trying to be nasty? i asked a simple question because i am new to Bellisseria. if you don't want to be helpful, that's ok, but there's no need to be mean.

36 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

are you trying to be nasty? i asked a simple question because i am new to Bellisseria. if you don't want to be helpful, that's ok, but there's no need to be mean.

Maddy is not being mean. The fire thing is a game! Look at all the photos she just showed you of all of us who have played along over the years. 

Don't look for everything to be an attack. Sometimes, someone is just being playful. :)

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

Maddy setting you on fire is a ritual greeting - a nice one.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Littlemouse Topaz said:

My sense of humor is not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope you'll eventually see the affection that's hidden (sometimes too well) behind my fiery facade. Back when I had the time, opportunity and inclination, I started building a rogues gallery of friends I lured into my fireplace so I could absolve them of guilt for whatever unspeakable things they'd done in SL. My hope was that, freed of that heavy burden, they'd run out and do more unspeakable things to keep SL interesting. The gallery contains a few return visits by friends who did just that, and probably didn't need my encouragement.

Should I eventually re-start my effort, there will be a momentary spike in SL propane prices. Sylvia alone will require at least an entire tank.

Finally, as for being helpful, it's less a matter of intent than ability. And lack of ability has never slowed me down. Fortunately, there are people here that actually know things and will be happy to help. Good luck in your explorations of Bellisseria, Topaz. I hope you find something worth being absolved over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Maddy is not being mean. The fire thing is a game! Look at all the photos she just showed you of all of us who have played along over the years. 

Don't look for everything to be an attack. Sometimes, someone is just being playful. :)

ok, i misunderstood. my bad.

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My sense of humor is not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope you'll eventually see the affection that's hidden (sometimes too well) behind my fiery facade. Back when I had the time, opportunity and inclination, I started building a rogues gallery of friends I lured into my fireplace so I could absolve them of guilt for whatever unspeakable things they'd done in SL. My hope was that, freed of that heavy burden, they'd run out and do more unspeakable things to keep SL interesting. The gallery contains a few return visits by friends who did just that, and probably didn't need my encouragement.

Should I eventually re-start my effort, there will be a momentary spike in SL propane prices. Sylvia alone will require at least an entire tank.

Finally, as for being helpful, it's less a matter of intent than ability. And lack of ability has never slowed me down. Fortunately, there are people here that actually know things and will be happy to help. Good luck in your explorations of Bellisseria, Topaz. I hope you find something worth being absolved over.

i totally misunderstood. my apologies. i appreciate any help. i can be so dense sometimes.

3 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My sense of humor is not everyone's cup of tea, but I hope you'll eventually see the affection that's hidden (sometimes too well) behind my fiery facade.

When someone doesn't know you, and hasn't got the history on these forums that many do, and their first interaction with you is something involving a wish to invoke a fiery death, it can be a tad bit unsettling, as it was for me. I didn't see any affection in it and took it at face value. 

I see now that it's just your thing and you have no ill intent towards anyone (I hope), but yeah... it absolutely made me feel like crap when I thought someone I had never had any interaction with or knowledge of wanted to see me die. Can I now view it as just a warm hug instead?

tenor.gif.cea973073037741be7a3a0620bb2f703.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Sounds like a fun new game show!!

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d601011de18e301110df0ec5b5990f4f.jpg

Maddy's Warm Welcomes photo collection started in April, 2011 (I just checked), and some of the Forum folks from back then that are in that gallery were quite the sinners as I recall! That would be quite the contest. lol

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

When someone doesn't know you, and hasn't got the history on these forums that many do, and their first interaction with you is something involving a wish to invoke a fiery death, it can be a tad bit unsettling, as it was for me. I didn't see any affection in it and took it at face value. 

I see now that it's just your thing and you have no ill intent towards anyone (I hope), but yeah... it absolutely made me feel like crap when I thought someone I had never had any interaction with or knowledge of wanted to see me die. Can I now view it as just a warm hug instead?

tenor.gif.cea973073037741be7a3a0620bb2f703.gif

Beth, as you're hopefully discovering, I have an odd way of showing warmth. Whether it's nature or nurture... blame my parents.

Though I love the animation you've chosen to illustrate my intent, I imagine this is more like how some of you feel...
image.thumb.png.9e619c1648fba0070d0671a44bc1817b.png

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Beth, as you're hopefully discovering, I have an odd way of showing warmth. Whether it's nature or nurture... blame my parents.

Though I love the animation you've chosen to illustrate my intent, I imagine this is more like how some of you feel...
image.thumb.png.9e619c1648fba0070d0671a44bc1817b.png

Cute aggression is a real thing!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.