help... furniture won't drop...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm still very very new to furniture.  I do have a house I rent.  When my avi is holding the furniture I can see it.  But, I can't get the furniture to drop.  I also can't drag the furniture down to the ground.  My bf checked our prims on the house and we are doing fine.  So, its not that we are low on prims. 

Note...  don't know if this makes a difference.  But, furniture is mesh furniture.  And I did just purchase it from store.  I'm using the original viewer.  The window always says the same thing...  CAN'T DROP MESH ATTACHMENTS.  DETACH TO INVENTORY THEN REZ IN WORLD. 

I appreciate any help.  I've tried to search for answers online and can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

Sometimes, some mesh items fail to rez on top of other mesh surfaces like houses ’n stuff, due to their actual, invisible mesh bounding areas. What I do is to create a simple prim platform (Ctrl + 3, click the magic wand icon on top that says “Create”, then click on the floor or any other surface until a simple prim box appears, then edit it to flatten it and make it big enough to be your “mini-rezzing-platform”), then rez your furniture items onto it, then move them to wherever you wanted them. When you’re done, delete your “mini-rezzing-platform”.

• Like 2

While this is almost always a MESH issue, it normally isn't the fault of the furniture but faulty HOUSE physics. There is the possibility that you will not be able to  rez a prim inside the house -- so that makes it even more difficult.  If you cannot rez a prim inside the house (sometimes you will get a prim but it will not be on the floor or even CLOSE to the floor) you can rez the prim on the ground outside (hopefully you HAVE ground outside) and then drag it in.   You can also rez your furniture outside and then move it into the building. 

We don't see as much of this these days but you could be living in an older mesh building. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ren Toxx said:

rez

it sounds to me she doesn't know what "rez" means after all the months being here, i would reccomend OP starts with looking at the first step in SL tutorials, think she forgot or skipped important info.

Rez in Second Life means to create or to make an object appear. Rezzing an object/prim can be done by dragging it from a resident's inventory or by creating a new one via the edit window. The term "rezzing" can also be used for waiting for a texture or object to load, such as "Everything is still rezzing." or "Your shirt is still rezzing for me."

1 hour ago, Sandra8675 said:

When my avi is holding the furniture I can see it.  But, I can't get the furniture to drop. 

CAN'T DROP MESH ATTACHMENTS.  DETACH TO INVENTORY THEN REZ IN WORLD. 

I appreciate any help.  I've tried to search for answers online and can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

All items, except things you put on your avatar or HUD, is directlly dragged from the inventory to the ground ...nót on your avatar.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fox Wijaya said:

All items, except things you put on your avatar or HUD, is directlly dragged from the inventory to the ground ...nót on your avatar.

A possible source of confusion might be that one can wear (or "add") an inventory item on the avatar and then Drop it to the ground iff it's not Mesh.

Of course, once one knows about rezzing from Inventory directly to the ground, "Drop" becomes a rare operation.

• Like 1

Yeah, you shouldn't get in the habit of dropping things.  You can lose them, or other stuff.  For example, say you are in your Linden Home and you have only 50 prims of land impact left.  If you have a high prim earring or necklace, and drop it, you exceed the land's limit.  Either the item gets returned to your Lost and Found, or it displaces other items which are returned.  This can be an iffy operation and sometimes, especially with No Copy things, the return part doesn't work and the item is simply lost.

REZ your furniture.  Open your inventory, put your mouse cursor on the item, hold the left button, and drag it out of your inventory.  When your cursor is pointing at the ground/floor/flat prim you created, release the left button, and the furniture should appear.

• Like 1

First thing is, do you have the right land group active? If not, you may not be able to rez anything. Assuming you do though,  this bug usually happens when trying to rez something on a mesh surface (for example the floor of a mesh house).

If you are at ground level, go outside and drag your furniture onto the ground. Then you can Edit to move it back inside. If you are in a mesh skybox, and you have a piece of non-mesh furniture already placed, such as a table, try dragging new furniture on top of that.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1834 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.