Prim Sharing Between Parcels

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You could make two alts and sell a parcel to each alt. You could then SET each of the plots  to a different land group --  if you wanted for the avatars that would be using that land (or not if that isn't an issue and only one avatar needed to be owner). 

Another way would be to make different groups (two anyway) and DEED  one parcel to one group and another to another group. The third parcel you could leave as is.

You need two avatars minimum in a group and best if they are both "the typist".  They could be the same avatars in each group as long as the groups were different. 

Either way you could then rent out the parcels for example (giving the renter a lesser role in the land group for the parcels). 

Other than renting out I can't think of a great reason you would need to do this but there certainly could be.

I am not the sharpest on complex group land things, but there is a start. Maybe adding why you need to do this might be helpful and get other answers :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon

3 minutes ago, Sherridon said:

Hey Chic, thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is for renting out. It's not a major issue that all the parcels share prims... I was just curious to see if there was a way to segregate them and distribute them 'officially'.

There may be another way, but that's all that comes to mind. Not my specialty --- the land thing. Some rental meters have prim counters built in (or used to anyway).  

Edited by Chic Aeon

I am still not quite awake :D but I am pretty sure that each of the three parcels MIGHT be able to be set to the SAME group. I did this once but it was long ago but they would need to belong to different owners. 

Sure someone that is very land savvy will answer this better.  BUT dividing up the parcels between alts (who would need to be premium) might get a bit complex and expensive.  

So different groups and SAME owner or different owners with same or different groups.  LOL.   Oh what wicked webs we weave. 

There are some great folks on here that are super smart about land. So they will solve it for you. Good luck. 

What I've seen thus far when rentals do this is they have a prim counter on each parcel that notifies them if one parcel goes over their allowed allotment. Might want to look into that. Renters will know up front about their prim allowance and if they do (accidentally) go over it you will take care of it.

Might not be the ideal solution but beats having to move the land to alts.

6 hours ago, Sherridon said:

Hi there, slightly confused. I have three equal plots of land within the same region which all share prims, however, was wondering if there was a way that I could 'unshare' lol.

You can create three groups and deed one parcel to each. I know some rental companies do it that way. It may be a bit of an overkill though.

• 2 years later...

I have a related question on this topic.  I had two parcels on a 30000 prim full region, which were not connected to each other, both under the same land group, and both parcels SHARED the prims.  Which is exactly as I intended.

Here's the question ...

Had some neighbors on the same region each acquire two OTHER parcels in the same region.  These two parcels (under different owners) were placed under the same land group (separate from mine) but .... the parcels are not able to share the prims.  Is prim sharing between parcels ONLY available if there is a single owner between the two, and a single land group between them, or is prim sharing possible with two separate owners who share a land group between the two parcels?

I believe the answer to that is that the land (owned by two different people) needs to be DEEDED TO GROUP and not SET to group (which I am guessing is what they did.  That's how it worked for me anyway. 

15 minutes ago, Cranston Yordstorm said:

I have a related question on this topic.  I had two parcels on a 30000 prim full region, which were not connected to each other, both under the same land group, and both parcels SHARED the prims.  Which is exactly as I intended.

Here's the question ...

Had some neighbors on the same region each acquire two OTHER parcels in the same region.  These two parcels (under different owners) were placed under the same land group (separate from mine) but .... the parcels are not able to share the prims.  Is prim sharing between parcels ONLY available if there is a single owner between the two, and a single land group between them, or is prim sharing possible with two separate owners who share a land group between the two parcels?

1 hour ago, Cranston Yordstorm said:

Is prim sharing between parcels ONLY available if there is a single owner between the two, and a single land group between them, or is prim sharing possible with two separate owners who share a land group between the two parcels?

If two or more land owners want to share prim allowances between two or more parcels all the lands should be deeded to the same group 

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

I believe the answer to that is that the land (owned by two different people) needs to be DEEDED TO GROUP and not SET to group (which I am guessing is what they did.  That's how it worked for me anyway. 

So go the extra step beyond merely setting the group to actually deeding the land to the group?  And this worked for you when you tried to share prims with another owner in the same shared and deeded group?

4 hours ago, Cranston Yordstorm said:

So go the extra step beyond merely setting the group to actually deeding the land to the group?  And this worked for you when you tried to share prims with another owner in the same shared and deeded group?

Yes, but the "other owner" for me was just an alt.  That makes no difference of course.  Before the cost of premium went up  deeding land to a group (most often your alts but sometimes friends) was the cheapest way to pay your "taxes". It still saves but not like it used to. Deeding to group and SETTING to group are very different things.  So the people involved IF it is more than one corporeal person should know the risks --- of course. There are some articles in the knowledge base. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.