Being stalked by Linden Labs?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings all,

So i tried to contact an actual LL employee for this interesting discovery, but this is apparently not worth their time.

I have been (and currently as of 20mins ago) stalked by a group of Brendens. (Brenden Hammand, Brenden Metaluna, Brenden Kaventipovic, Brenden Kaliopov, Brenden Chingseng, Brenden Caiben, +10more, etc)

All of these profiles are 9yrs 11months old.. and all of them are blank, all of them have pre-mesh avi's with default (grey shirt/blue stripes) outfits. Where ever i have gone in the last 2 months, there has been a brenden showing up 10mins later. At a club, at a shopping event, at a live show, a @#$%^ sandbox ffs, for about 2mins, then they leave. All of these brendens have eventually shown up at my SIM (and promptly banned), only to have another (different last name) show up 15mins-ish later. 

I do not have any ex's interested in what i am doing, nor do i do, or have done anything shady in SL to warrant being stalked. Why does it bother me? Because of how it is happening. Maybe someone is hacking SL and taking advantage of name changing, i dont know? what i do know is that my "tickets" and other avenues of contacting LL have gone unnoticed or pushed aside. So hopefully this will get somewhere.

Part of me hopes there is someone else experiencing this and its someone having fun at LL's expense and there might be answers, but i really hope no one is going through this themselves.

So youre telling me that someone, nearly 10 years ago, set up a bunch of bots to just TP to SIMs for the purpose of...

i have never seen a brenden anywhere until a recently, especially at Ubers event (why go there), or Collaborate88, hell even Kustom9. These are locations that offer a bot nothing.

regardless, i am not saying they arent someones idea of running around looking for land that is for sale or that some dead person left their computer on these many years later, and the bots have made it to every place i happen to hang out at ironically.

thank you though for your input, i really am a little frazzled from this (yes, i know...WHY) and just wish said dead persons bots would respond to my IMs. /sniffles

1 hour ago, Machen Savira said:

So youre telling me that someone, nearly 10 years ago, set up a bunch of bots to just TP to SIMs for the purpose of...

i have never seen a brenden anywhere until a recently, especially at Ubers event (why go there), or Collaborate88, hell even Kustom9. These are locations that offer a bot nothing.

regardless, i am not saying they arent someones idea of running around looking for land that is for sale or that some dead person left their computer on these many years later, and the bots have made it to every place i happen to hang out at ironically.

thank you though for your input, i really am a little frazzled from this (yes, i know...WHY) and just wish said dead persons bots would respond to my IMs. /sniffles

This is what Tyche's land bots do.

http://www.gridsurvey.com/

She's been doing this for years. And since LL no longer publishes that info and many find it useful, she continues. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There are 10 Brendens that I know of, some Heavenly, also Natalia, Riley, and Selena in the series that have rez dates in May 2009. They're not identified as survey bots in their profiles (or weren't when I was seeing them in 2014/2015), so they got added to my bot boot list.

23 minutes ago, Machen Savira said:

If the presence of bots on SL bothers you, simply continue what you are doing. Ban/block or do as I do, ignore.

I've banned (sent home) a few bots from my little area. After a while, the owners get the idea and stop coming by. My orb is set to passive. I check the orb list from time to time and look at profiles. If the word "bot" is anywhere in a profile, I place them on the banlist.

Read if you would like the official word.

thank you all for your help on this. I just wanted to insure i wasnt insane or that i am that popular enough to have someone watching me stand in one spot for hours on end (sarcasm). 

as Parhelion stated, none of them are labeled as a bot, and i have encountered a few that were so i started to have my doubts.

and if the numbers are correct on that Gridsurvey list,.. "Monthly Tier Estimates - Private Estates c.US$2.970 Million, Mainland c.US$0.704 Million"...  would explain why the hounds are out lookin for land...

• Like 1

the Brendens were part of what was referred to as the 5/9 bots. Although it was never conclusively proven ( because the RL owner of those accounts never came foward), the Brendens were linked to then FindMyFriend scheme, or if not that scheme then something similar

it may be that some other RL person has now obtained the code to run the bots and is experimenting with it. And your name (for some unknown random reason) is on the bots target list from back in those days

in SL's past there have been lots of these kinda bot programs with all sorts of capabilities, made by all sorts of people, for no reason at all really other than that they could

on a previous account I was on the Insult Bot list.  How I got on there I dunno, just that I was. Two or three times a week, one of the bots would IM me with a random insult. If I replied it would then parse what I said and try to response. Like have a conversation. Which would get even more insulting. It was kinda interesting in an academic - how good are the skills of the programmer of this thing - way, but after a time then meh! not very good at all and block

further info from other users about the Brenden 5/9s can be found on google. Like here for example: http://cassandrakestrel.com/2015/08/introducing-the-59-bots/

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.