Wanted: AO compatible "Looking at phone" pose

MsHilda

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, so I've been looking for this forEVER and I refuse to believe it doesn't exist. I need an animation that ONLY effects my right arm, head, and neck that has me looking down at my phone. there are plenty of 'Looking at phone" animations on the MP, but all the ones I've tried have the rest of me standing ramrod straight or doing a lean or something. I want to be able to walk around, sit, stand, whatever, all while constantly staring at my phone.

Please someone tell me where I can find this.

From what you describe I think the issue is that a phone animation would only have a few bones adjusted. The others would in theory not make any changes in the underlying animation. BUT if you try and USE that animation in an AO you will get just what you said, a straight stance with the "looking at phone" part. These are typically made to go INSIDE the phone and the animation is called as an add on to the underlying animation in the AO.    I know that Vista used to have a lot of "add ons" for their huds, so as mentioned that is an option.

The other would be just to get a phone that does what you want (tons of those out there) OR get the animation and add it into your phone with a script to call the animation. It doesn't seem like you are going to find what you are looking for because it simply isn't done that way. 

2 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

From what you describe I think the issue is that a phone animation would only have a few bones adjusted. The others would in theory not make any changes in the underlying animation. BUT if you try and USE that animation in an AO you will get just what you said, a straight stance with the "looking at phone" part. These are typically made to go INSIDE the phone and the animation is called as an add on to the underlying animation in the AO.    I know that Vista used to have a lot of "add ons" for their huds, so as mentioned that is an option.

The other would be just to get a phone that does what you want (tons of those out there) OR get the animation and add it into your phone with a script to call the animation. It doesn't seem like you are going to find what you are looking for because it simply isn't done that way. 

No, no, you misunderstand. when I say AO compatible I'm not trying to add it to my AO. I'm aware of how this works. the problem is that I can't find a pose that isn't full body. the whole 'putting the pose in my phone' thing is exactly what I want to do, but I can't find an animation that ONLY effects the arm and head. 

2 hours ago, animats said:

I want an AO animation which activates only when IMing.  Talking in local chat is talking. IMing is being on the phone. Then you can tell if the person you're talking to is occupied elsewhere.

That would be nice too but let's not make this any more complicated... 

29 minutes ago, MsHilda said:

No, no, you misunderstand. when I say AO compatible I'm not trying to add it to my AO. I'm aware of how this works. the problem is that I can't find a pose that isn't full body. the whole 'putting the pose in my phone' thing is exactly what I want to do, but I can't find an animation that ONLY effects the arm and head. 

See if you can find a free or almost free phone that has a pose that you can take the pose out of. I have had a few over time. Not my favorite prop but I know they are out there.   Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1853 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.