My new viewer has been creating a monstrosity out of my beautiful bento head

Nimue Galatea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

*prepare to be disturbed by the snapshot*

I wear a Vista Diana head, and it's really lovely. Yesterday this zombie-like ugliness happened (see snapshot). Why?

I've been having all sorts of problems in-world ever since uninstalling Firestorm so I could try other alternative viewers, settling on Alchemy. This is one of them.

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.cc6c4c66f7904d87a4856125af37603c.png

8 answers to this question

I don't have a solution, but you don't have to uninstall a viewer in order to use another one.  In fact, having multiple viewers (at least the standard LL viewer and your favorite third party viewer) is a good idea, because it provides a useful troubleshooting tool.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, Nimue Galatea said:

*prepare to be disturbed by the snapshot*

I wear a Vista Diana head, and it's really lovely. Yesterday this zombie-like ugliness happened (see snapshot). Why?

I've been having all sorts of problems in-world ever since uninstalling Firestorm so I could try other alternative viewers, settling on Alchemy. This is one of them.

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.cc6c4c66f7904d87a4856125af37603c.png

Right-click on your avatar, locate and choose ReSET SKELETON AND ANIMATIONS. Some AOs and animations that also have facial animation designed for a different head will do this. It's not the viewer.

• Like 1

Another thought - do you only see the head look melted like that when you are up at a high altitude?
That problem will happen on any viewer & to some extent it depends on how the head is created how bad the effect will be but it's actually an old problem that's just more apparent with Bento since all the extra bones were added.

On 4/6/2019 at 5:39 PM, Nimue Galatea said:

Did you go out and have one too many sherbets? :P
Joking aside have you tried using a brand new copy of the head you should be able to get a re-delivery at the store you got it from or from the original packing if it's still in your inventory

On 4/8/2019 at 11:49 AM, Claireschen Hesten said:

Did you go out and have one too many sherbets? :P
Joking aside have you tried using a brand new copy of the head you should be able to get a re-delivery at the store you got it from or from the original packing if it's still in your inventory

Yes, this is actually the new, updated head!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1858 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.