Refunds?

Tech Robonaught

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As far as I know, you can't give a refund to a customer directly through Marketplace. But if someone is asking for a refund, I think it would be reasonable that you only refund them the money you received after fees. (Though I'd imagine the few lindens you save are not worth the potential ire from the customer for "stealing" or just "not giving a full refund.")

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fionalein said:

One Linden wrote something about how to get the MP fee back ... search Forums on how that works...

I remember something about that too.  Maybe it was around the time gifting was messed up and merchants were having to refund customers

Merchants can file a support ticket for a refund but that may be only for things like failed delivery or some other LL screwup. Otherwise if LL has effectively provided the services of listing and delivering, why should they be responsible?

i always eat the commissions, they amount to so little money.

• Like 4

• Moderators

Greetings! 

It is not possible to refund a buyer through the Marketplace system. 

If a buyer has requested a refund, you may refund them the amount they paid, including commission, and then create a Support Ticket and let us know that you refunded the buyer and we will be happy to refund you the commission.

Please include the Marketplace Order Number, the name of the item, the price, and a copy of the Transaction (refund) from your own transaction log.  This makes it easier to pull up the order and see how much the seller paid in commission on the sale, and then refund them that amount. 

• Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1826 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.