Why aren't things loading in correctly?

LivTheHunter

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I created an SL account a few years ago but when I logged on today after not playing for a long while nothing loaded in correctly. I waited in game for a few hours. However, as I saw that did not work I uninstalled the viewer and created a new account. Things still did not load in and I again stayed in the game for hours. I wanted to know if anyone could help me with this or if it is just a problem with my computer. Thanks!

My computer is a gaming computer and I have a strong internet connection. I am also using the second life viewer for Windows version 6.1.1.525446

Edited by LivTheHunter

7 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, LivTheHunter said:

I created an SL account a few years ago but when I logged on today after not playing for a long while nothing loaded in correctly. I waited in game for a few hours. However, as I saw that did not work I uninstalled the viewer and created a new account. Things still did not load in and I again stayed in the game for hours. I wanted to know if anyone could help me with this or if it is just a problem with my computer. Thanks!

My computer is a gaming computer and I have a strong internet connection. I am also using the second life viewer for Windows version 6.1.1.525446

There seem to be some issues with SOME graphics cards so posting the specs of your computer exactly might be helpful. Not my area, but others may have some ideas. Also a screenshot of what you are SEEING (even if gray) would be helpful.    What you have said so far isn't enough for people to advise. 

Note...whatever the problem turns out to be, you do NOT have to create a new account.  Updating the viewer, though, was a good idea.

One time, with a new account, I stayed looking like an orange cloud until I tried changing my outfit.  If you are seeing this problem, click the Avatars button (the one with two people on it) and choose a different starter avatar.

9 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Also, depending on what region you are on, and if you are using an older viewer, it could be:

True, but the OP told us that he's using the current LL viewer, which uses HTTP fetching, so that's probably not the issue.  It still could be a region issue, though.  That's easy to check by logging in to a different region.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1851 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.