Product listing reviews beyond my understanding!

RohanaRaven Zerbino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have just started reading this forum. I have only been making and texturing clothing a few years though I have been in sl awhile. I don't get many reviews but recently I had a man request something on one of my items. When he didn't like that I would not give him a copy,mod version and offered him additional 5 with a hood alpha out for the same price. He left a bad review of one star and then wrote how someone could just buy the mesh themselves and put in a direct link to the full perm mesh item. I have read the rules of reviews and flag the review now but I don't know how long it will take for the review to get removed by LL. I am a small store and the item was actually one of my best sellers and I have not sold another one since this man left the review. Is there a faster way to get ll to look at a review where someone has put a direct link leading people to another item?

I looked up the review. I doubt LL will remove that review but who knows. What he says is true that a person can buy the full perm template themselves, but I rather think a lot of people already know this. I doubt his review will really keep people from buying your product. The fact that you have no demo for people to check the fit and texturing is more likely a reason that you are not selling the product.

6 hours ago, KatyAnn Serenity said:

I have just started reading this forum. I have only been making and texturing clothing a few years though I have been in sl awhile. I don't get many reviews but recently I had a man request something on one of my items. When he didn't like that I would not give him a copy,mod version and offered him additional 5 with a hood alpha out for the same price. He left a bad review of one star and then wrote how someone could just buy the mesh themselves and put in a direct link to the full perm mesh item. I have read the rules of reviews and flag the review now but I don't know how long it will take for the review to get removed by LL. I am a small store and the item was actually one of my best sellers and I have not sold another one since this man left the review. Is there a faster way to get ll to look at a review where someone has put a direct link leading people to another item?

It can take a couple of weeks. Longer than that, you can file a ticket.

8 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I looked up the review. I doubt LL will remove that review but who knows. What he says is true that a person can buy the full perm template themselves, but I rather think a lot of people already know this. I doubt his review will really keep people from buying your product. The fact that you have no demo for people to check the fit and texturing is more likely a reason that you are not selling the product.

I do have a demo for the item and the demo is 0ls.  I have demos for all my items that I have been putting up since 2017. 

Edited by KatyAnn Serenity
wanted to add that my demo was free

The 'Review' system needs review.

Only being able to list 2 reviews at once would've been fine back in the day when people were running Pentium III's with 512k RAM and a dial-up connection. These days my system, and I suspect yours too, could cope with a bit more. I want 20 per page, then if I click one to read more it opens within the same page, so I don't have to start all over again, again.

While we're having a moan at MP .. Why can't it save my choices of 'Lowest Price First' and '48 items per page' without having to set them every time 😐

I'm not all negative. I like the new Wishlist thingie.

14 hours ago, KatyAnn Serenity said:

Apparently, LL removed that review. None of your mens clothing has any reviews on it. 

7 hours ago, KatyAnn Serenity said:

I do have a demo for the item and the demo is 0ls.  I have demos for all my items that I have been putting up since 2017. 

I looked on the product and didn't see a demo offered. I just now looked again and see a demo. Was that there yesterday? If yes, I must be blind! Sorry!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KatyAnn Serenity said:

I am going to flag this review too.

If you haven't, you can flag this under "Advertising or Commercial Promo" and the sub section of "Directs buyers to alternate item."

Linking buyers to the full perm template was just a d-move. Not cool.

Edited by Syn Anatine
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My recent pearls XD.

Description: item is no mod (2 times repeated). Complain: mehhhhh, item is no mod, if i knew before i did not buy it :((((((

Description: item has 12 animation sets (3 times repeated). Complain: mehhhh, not many animations, overpriced :(((((((((((

XD XD XD

Edited by Iren Tinkel
  • Haha 3

On 2/20/2019 at 4:26 PM, KatyAnn Serenity said:

Thank you all for the help and I am now working on another set of them. 

You are very welcome!

Since this thread was just bumped after some inactivity I went to your product listing again and saw the review was removed. Cheers!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1882 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.