Is it griefing if you push someone on your own property?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Well, given that griefing, if established to be griefing, is accepted to be "wrong" and therefore "not moral" even if it's "realistic", I think you're splitting hairs. You're still asking whether it's acceptable to do this, so you ought to be prepared for people to tell you that they think it isn't.

As such, I don't think it's "wrong"/"griefing". It's just an unfunny joke that's set up so that only you would get it. You seem to be happy with that, so knock yourself out.

I' m sorry, but  I never asked if it was acceptable, I asked if it was griefing.

And since it's on my own parcel, with the wasps acting as a de facto security orb, it is totally completely 100% acceptable.

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I' m sorry, but  I never asked if it was acceptable, I asked if it was griefing.

Griefing is generally considered to be unacceptable, and you wouldn't be asking the question otherwise, so it's a perfectly fair way of phrasing the actual question and the thought process that goes into answering it. I think you know this, because however else you come across on this thread, you don't appear to be stupid.

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Here's exactly what is in the land description:

bjLand.png.36afe7a461b99adaf348decd3a2727e4.png

The description is very misleading. It was quite easy to find this land since you advertised it in land for sale. :) 

That description was a relict from when I divided the land for sale. That part was outside of the scan range, so visiting that parcel looking to buy it you wouldn't be bothered by the hornets. 

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

And since it's on my own parcel, with the wasps acting as a de facto security orb, it is totally completely 100% acceptable.

But a moment ago you said that the point wasn't to create a security orb, it was to create a realistic experience of coming across a hornets' nest in RL.

And if you are so sure it it 100% acceptable, why did you start the thread to ask if it could be considered an unacceptable practice?

3 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

But a moment ago you said that the point wasn't to create a security orb, it was to create a realistic experience of coming across a hornets' nest in RL.

And if you are so sure it it 100% acceptable, why did you start the thread to ask if it could be considered an unacceptable practice?

The point is, if I had a security orb that pushed you off the property it wouldn't be griefing, I didn't rezz the nest for security, but since it acts like an orb, I can't be accused of griefing for having it.

You know, I could have just as easily asked the question without referencing my own land at all.

Rest assured, next time  I ask such a question, I won't make any mention of my own circumstances

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
aded stuff

8 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

That description was a relict from when I divided the land for sale. That part was outside of the scan range, so visiting that parcel looking to buy it you wouldn't be bothered by the hornets. 

I went there today. I didn't step foot in your inhospitable parcel. I wanted to see for myself what you had written in the description. I don't care when you wrote it. It's still there and people can innocently inter that land and stumble into the trap you have set for them. But hey, it's your land. How you treat your guests, that you have told is open for everyone to ENJOY, is your business. But then you made it our business by asking a question you really didn't want an answer to. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I could have just as easily asked the question without referencing my own land at all.

Yes, you could have. And? 

Rest assured, next time  I ask such a question, I won't make any mention of my own circumstances

Thank God. I was worried.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

I went there today. I didn't step foot in your inhospitable parcel. I wanted to see for myself what you had written in the description. I don't care when you wrote it. It's still there and people can innocently inter that land and stumble into the trap you have set for them. But hey, it's your land. How you treat your guests that you have told is open to everyone to ENJOY is your business but then you made it our business by asking a question you really didn't want an answer to. 

You should have entered below the cliffs,  or checked out the view from the top of my sphere tank home, both are beyond the range  of the hornets nest. 

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You should have entered below the cliffs,  or checked out the view from the top of my sphere tank home, both are beyond the range  of the hornets nest. 

You couldn't pay me to enter your land. lol. Not that I'm afraid of being kicked out of the land but you clearly don't want guests unless you can play a prank on them. I'm not going to be part of your sick joke. :) 

Adding .. and with that I'm out. I have said too much already. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The point is, if I had a security orb that pushed you off the property it wouldn't be griefing, I didn't rezz the nest for security, but since it acts like an orb, I can't be accused of griefing for having it.

Then why have you started a thread whose title asks us whether it's griefing for having it?

1 minute ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Then why have you started a thread whose title asks us whether it's griefing for having it?

No I asked if it was considered griefing if you push someone on your own parcel. I then explained what  I used to push people with, and that morphed into a discussion on security orbs and whether I have to warn people in the property description before pushing them.

12 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

It's a much gentler kinder form of exclusion than a zero notice, TP you home security system. 

(I ask why there's no warning of the effective exclusion.)

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You are still missing the point. If you were in the woods in RL there would be no warning if you were attacked by hornets. It's just not your lucky day, that's all. you got swarmed. 

No I asked if it was considered griefing if you push someone on your own parcel.

Yes, and then you said that you "couldn't be accused of griefing" for having such an item on your parcel. So I ask again: why are you asking us if it's griefing to push someone on your parcel, if you've already decided that you can't be accused of griefing for having a object that pushes people on your parcel?

• Like 1

Just now, Amina Sopwith said:

So I ask again: why are you asking us if it's griefing to push someone on your parcel, if you've already decided that you can't be accused of griefing for having a object that pushes people on your parcel?

because she wants a carte blanche for being nasty towards people ;)

Just now, Fionalein said:

because she wants a carte blanche for being nasty towards people ;)

Why do I never think of the most obvious answer first?!

I swear to God, someday I'm going to bleed to death from cutting myself on Occam's razor.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.