Why do our name colors change?

MyeshiaB

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

Rolig's right...you can tell whether a person is wearing a titler, or whether you're actually looking at their nametag.  The text from a titler stands alone, with no border around it, and it changes position as you move your camera around the avatar.

Sometimes the colors in nametags change, too.  To see what those colors mean, check the Colors tab of your Preferences.  The color blue is particularly good to know, if you use the Firestorm viewer.  The name tags and the chat and IM text of Linden Lab employees shows up in blue in that viewer.

It could be your viewer's settings, some names will change collar based upon your distance to that person and if that person is active of afk or camming around. you can change the colors of peoples names in firestorm depending upon various choices such if they are in shout distance, whisper distance if they are a friend or not if they are a linden if they have mismatched names.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Mismatched names?  🙄

its a color setting in firestorm. not entirely sure what it's for, think it has to deal with if they are using objects to speak as them maybe which have spoofed their name, or maybe if they have a display name different then their username.

23 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Mismatched names?  🙄

Oddly, there is a box on the "Name Tags" color selection page in the Firestorm "Colors" preferences for "Mismatch".  Mine was set to white, same as "Match" and "My Tag" color selections were.  I've just set my "Mismatch" color to hot pink, so perhaps I'll see some name tags in the color before long and maybe figure out what it means. 

20 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Match - if someone's display name matches their user name, this color will be used.
Mismatch - if a person's display name is different from the user name, use this color.

Preferences -> Colors -> Name Tags

Thanks, Whirly!  I learned something in this thread.  I'm not sure why I would ever want to have that information, but it's nice to know that it's there.  😎

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1991 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.