Inventory catastrophe with Firestorm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

Normally, I'd agree, but she already tested LL viewer and had her inventory there and also had cleared cache. In her post she also hinted that she didn't have the most current FS version.

Clean install might be a last resort, but it's one that should fix the problem. And it's a fairly easy thing to do.

She definitely isn't running the current version; in her OP she states it is 5.0.11. The current version is 5.1.7 (.55786). I would imagine Firestorm Support is not going to do much with something that far down-rev; they'll probably recommend what many here have: clean install of latest version. That way if she does still have issues at least they'll be working with current code.

• Thanks 2

In case it hasn't already been mentioned there's an option in inventory to filter different types of inventory like scripts, LM's, textures etc. make sure you haven't left it to show only specific items. i've had the odd occasion where i've forgotten i've done this and gone "oh s****" thinking everything has vanished

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I have had this happen and it is simply a small corrupted file ( 99% likely and as others have said).  So that tip on the wiki should fix it.  

So have I. Well, inventory problems in general. I installed the latest version and it fixed the problem.

There's a reason they stop old versions from being able to even connect. The older versions stop working correctly.

And as an aside, as far as 'tech troubleshooting' goes, their first step is going to be updating to a current version, not power cycling the modem. 🙄

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1969 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.