Christmas gifts

Jade Halfpint

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've been in SL for 11 years. I've only done Christmas gift one time, as I didn't have a family other times. How do you give Christmas gifts, wrapped to be given away on Christmas? All the things I'm finding that I would like to give people aren't transferable. 

Edited by Jade Halfpint

5 answers to this question

Many things are transferable, though. You can buy transferable animations, dances, sounds, artwork, almost anything if you look around.  Or you can make something yourself.  Sometimes the most meaningful gifts are ones that are made specifically for the person who receives them, especially if they were made by the gift giver.  The gift itself isn't as important as the gesture, the thought and respect that the gift represents.  

To give an item in a gift box, the item has to be transferable.  You can make or buy a gift box, and put the item in it.

No Transfer items are much more common.  Some stores have vendors with a "Buy as a Gift" option.  The Marketplace also has this option.  In these cases, you tell the vendor (or the Marketplace) who the gift is for, and pay for the item.  It is sent (with an optional gift message) directly to the recipient.

(Or, if the store's vendors offer it, Fiona's option looks good.)

You could always talk to the store owner about it.  They may allow you to give them a gift box (or pay them a bit extra to create a gift box) and have them add the item and then pass it on to the recipient.  You lose nothing by asking.

The only other options are using the gifting abilities via MP or the store vendors.

This is one place where gachas are a "good" thing.   Find one you like, play it and get some TRANSFER gifts. 

Put the transfer gifts in a transfer box (I have some on the Marketplace and sure there are plenty of others). Rez the filled box under your tree. 

Then when it is gift giving time. Take it back into inventory and give it to the person you are gifting via the IM window.  

:D

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.