Well have given up with JIA as they just seem to lock you out of threads my problem is with llSetStatus

VirtualKitten

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone  has given up with Jira

I am experiencing a problem with llSetStatus()

I am using

llSetStatus(STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT, TRUE);
llSetStatus(STATUS_PHYSICS, TRUE);
llSetStatus( STATUS_ROTATE_X | STATUS_ROTATE_Y , TRUE);
llSleep(1.);
llSetStatus(STATUS_PHYSICS, FALSE);
llSetStatus( STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT, FALSE);

However this doesn't seem to move the linked prim the script is in. The STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT  doesn't work it moves complete linked set.

STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT is doing exactly what it's supposed to do:

95dfd0bd2ad8ce94d683ff5172330f18.png

It's not supposed to move anything.  It's supposed to prevent movement of everything.  If you want to move an individual link in a link set, you'll have to go through some rather fancy scripting to do it, if it is even possible.  The function you want to experiment with is llDetectedGrab, but I believe it only operates on the entire object, not individual prims in its linkset.

I'm not sure what your concern about JIRA is either.  Your JIRA ( BUG-225634 ) is visible.  It's open and awaiting review.  I suspect, though, that it will be marked Resolved because you are seeing expected behavior, not a bug.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for you reply Rolig

Jira is a waste of time have given up with them . They just close my cases . I have been trying to write using trig from this but this method is suppose to move individual links and would be far more simpler as the trig is starting to get really complicated when the root rotates to a new postilion. The llDetectedGrab is of no use as it uses collisions which are not available to a linked prim and can only be used in the root . I have yet another JIRA about using llCastRay to do this collisions in a linked prim but JIRA was useless a great group the NCI group got the wiki page changed so at least it does what it does do now which wont work either as a detection routine without issuing multiple llCastRay I tried to reason with Jira about this but they just asked questions about why i thought it should use a bounding box to search and then locked thread as they in my opinion are completely not interested in anything the female developers have to say. My reports speak volumes of this unfair handling.

According to JIRA [BUG-7871 ] available from the page  written by the Linden man he said this worked from v1.4  as a way of just allowing status functions to operate on a linked prim the script  is in . Of course now it doesn't  seems its been broken. I wondered if i was using wrong syntax but am sure its ok

I've just spent the time to read through the majority of your posted JIRAs, and I don't see any that were closed unjustly, even though one of them was reopened some hours ago so you could respond (after what seems like you having edited in some all-caps shouting which you've been told not to do in your previous JIRAs).

But what I am seeing is some repeatedly poor conduct on your part whenever things do get closed as you seem to take it very personally (especially since you pull the gender card). Going so far as to abuse report a Linden for closing your JIRA..?

Anyway, for the actual topic:

5 hours ago, VirtualKitten said:

this method is suppose to move individual links

That's.. not at all what the function/status does. That's not even what GRABBING is! I don't understand how you can say that even after Rolig copypasted a bit from the wiki.

• llSetStatus(STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT, TRUE);
    This prevents grabbing the linkset.
  • llSetStatus(STATUS_PHYSICS, TRUE);
    This makes the object physical.
  • llSetStatus( STATUS_ROTATE_X | STATUS_ROTATE_Y , TRUE);
    This allows the object rotate around its X and Y axes. This has no effect on a default object.
  • llSetStatus(STATUS_PHYSICS, FALSE);
    This makes the object nonphysical.
  • llSetStatus( STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT, FALSE);
    This allows the linkset to be grabbed.

At no point do you even use the status that affects the prim the script is in. The first caveat on llSetStatus is that "Status is an object attribute; all prims in an object share the same status." which continues "Except for STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB, this only affects the prim the script is in, child prims in linked objects will not be affected."

You have a completely incorrect idea of what the function is actually doing. Your latest JIRA is incoherent (the title says STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB but your example uses *_GRAB_OBJECT) and it should have been closed and it has nothing to do with you being a woman.

I will grant you that the wording for BLOCK_GRAB (root only) vs BLOCK_GRAB_OBJECT is weird, but you're not even close.

If you use STATUS_BLOCK_GRAB in a child prim, it has no effect. If you use it in the root, you can still grab by child prim, but the whole linkset will move.

P.S. Female here as well, since it was pointed out.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 6

Only slightly off-topic, but since you mentioned it .... Whirly and I are both female scripter/developers, and we have no trouble getting ideas across and being heard in the JIRA.  I could point to several other regular posters in this forum who are successful female scripters and who, I bet, have had no reason to wave the gender card in the JIRA.

• Like 4

VirtualKitten, having just looked at your tickets a few comments.

Jira is not a support channel, you can't use it to ask for help understanding basic math. Nor can you use it to say a feature is broke, just because it doesn't work like you want it to. You also can't expect a reply in a few days as you have with one of them, submitting on one day and expecting an instant answer.

For example: " I used llSetTextureAnim to try to rate three faces on the same mesh " - this isn't a bug. It's how it works. You can only rotate one face.

Nothing to do with gender, or anything (especially considering so many Linden are female gendered), it's that these are not bugs, they are for support.

Try the scripting forums here - ask nicely, give as many details as possible, and be patient and you will likely have better luck.

• Like 3

On 10/14/2018 at 8:15 PM, Rolig Loon said:

Only slightly off-topic, but since you mentioned it .... Whirly and I are both female scripter/developers, and we have no trouble getting ideas across and being heard in the JIRA.  I could point to several other regular posters in this forum who are successful female scripters and who, I bet, have had no reason to wave the gender card in the JIRA.

Female scripter also and neither do I, in fact iv had several ideas and suggestions accepted recently. Gender never has anything to do with it.

Edited by chibiusa Ling

I don't understand why the female thing would come up, they would have had absolutely no way of even knowing that you're a female, let alone even care.

I think one of the reasons that your JIRA might have been closed was either from the lack of information provided or they were not able to replicate errors. However, as Rolig Loon said, everything is working perfectly fine. You're just having slight complications getting it to work.

Just cause you don't understand how something works or it doesn't work the way you want it to; does not mean that it's broken. That is where you need to look at other ways and workarounds. I deal with people all the time accusing me of making products that are broken, only because they did not have a greater understanding of the item. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2006 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.