Removing Appliers

Laika Ravikumar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I bought a fantasy outfit to use for a Flickr picture. It had Applier for Catwa head and also for Maitreya body. 

Problem was when I went to change back I could not get rid of the white skin either on my face or body. 

I tried to put on a saved outfit but even when I used Maitreya hud to colour my skin to normal tone I then had a white seam at neck area. I tried using usual Applier for My catwa head still couldn’t get rid of it.

So I should know how to fix things it’s not like I am new but ended up going back to standard a i and rebuilding back from scratch.

i would like to use the fantasy outfit again but am reluctant to put myself through the stress of all that again.

if anyone can tell me what I did wrong would be very grateful.

Thanks

32 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

I tried to put on a saved outfit but even when I used Maitreya hud to colour my skin to normal tone I then had a white seam at neck area. I tried using usual Applier for My catwa head still couldn’t get rid of it.

This is most likely that the neck fix was on and the applier did not cover the neck fix. I'm not sure if it was a neck fix on the head or body but in either case just turn off the neck fix and see if the line goes away. Also putting on a saved outfit will have no bearing on the skin appliers unless you had the skin applier huds attached when you saved the outfit, in which case you could just reapply the skin though I doubt that's what you did. 

Anytime you want to change a skin you will need to use the appliers for both head/body. Every time you try a demo of a skin you will need to use your normal skin appliers to reapply your skin to your head/body.

Sadly I did not take a pic of whatI looked like after attempting to put my usual skin on. I did put my usual skin on and then the Applier for my Maitreya body plus the same for my Catwa head obviously still did something wrong. I get what you are saying about saving the appliers with the outfit will definitely do that in future so thanks ? 

May I suggest you save an outfit and call it something like this, Mait/Catwa/(your brand skin)/(name of skin) ... So for me it would look like this Mait/Catwa/Skinnery/Sophia.

Then make the outfit with your avatar naked and all appliers needed to apply skin for head/body attached. That way you can always get back to the basic look. This works well for people who have multiple skins they like to wear and make different shapes for those skins.

• Like 1

If the fantasy skin was an Omega applier, they often fill in all the slots of the head, or more than they should.

I am not sure, but I suspect the skin creator isn't always making the appliers right. Maybe Catwa skin makers can do this mistake too.

So yes, I second Taranis suggestion about the neck, and also try to clear the hairbases. Remember it's two of each layer, it could be either upper or lower or both.

I took a copy of my head and body and used it for the vamp looks, and put it in a separate folder.

• Like 2

BEST PRACTICES when using any applier for demo or other temporary purposes:

• COPY body and head - put into an appropriately named folder.
  • DETACH normally-worn body and head
  • ATTACH newly-copied "test" body and head
  • APPLY textures, skins, colors, weird-shi.te willy-nilly as desired.
  • DETACH "test" body and head
  • ATTACH normally-worn body and head.

Done.

///justsaying :)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.