Linden Clarification Please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Good grief, people.  Can we please try to get back to the actual topic instead of discussing why we shouldn't/won't/might discuss religion and politics?

Evidently not.

The guidelines are clear. The mods are clear. But the entitled don’t believe rules apply to them. 

• Haha 1

• Administrators

Hey folks!

I just wanted to clear up a couple things regarding the topic in question.

The core point of the post I made on a previous thread was to encourage people to find more appropriate avenues to discuss or debate politics, as they are topics that can get particularly heated and devolve into personal attacks, and the Second Life Forums are not the most appropriate place for such discussions. I admit my wording could have been a bit better, so I apologize for any confusion!

While the Second Life Forums  as a whole are intended for discussions regarding Second Life and our Resident's adventures/experiences within the platform, the General Discussion section is a bit loosie goosie as far as what we allow to be posted and discussed in that (well this) section. This means that you have a bit of wiggle room as to what we'll allow. So you may continue using the section as usual, we just ask that you follow the Terms of Service and Community Guidelines and be mindful of what you post.

We try out best to not hinder any productive discussions and we certainly don't want anyone to feel super restricted on the forums, however we will step in if things start to get out of hand. 

Thank you all for your feedback!

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 15

10 minutes ago, Kristin Linden said:

The core point of the post I made on a previous thread was to encourage people to find more appropriate avenues to discuss or debate politics, as they are topics that can get particularly heated and devolve into personal attacks, and the Second Life Forums are not the most appropriate place for such discussions.

Thank you for the clarification Kristin! 

• Like 2

Thank you

Kristin. As the forum provider says (https://tinyurl.com/ycd2yznm)  'We make it a breeze to manage your users'

So perhaps a further clarification. How many SL residents even make use of these forums? I can see a point of most, tech and help and even looking for - whatever. But 'General'?  You have a whole world out there for 'General' so why maintain it? And yes I was here for the 'keep a general' debate. My response is on record. Oh wait - it is not in this incarnation.

The search for the myth of Community? Well I guess the ones responding here.

20 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

I can see a point of most, tech and help and even looking for - whatever. But 'General'?

Think of it as entertainment for those that stick around answer questions. I would think the number of answers would drop off a bit if that was all the forums were for.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

How many SL residents even make use of these forums?  I can see a point of most, tech and help and even looking for - whatever. But 'General'?  You have a whole world out there for 'General' so why maintain it?

Because the part of the SL community that visits the Forums apparently likes the General Discussion are quite a bit:

image.png.a3e492041fd81fff37cb435416b699e9.png 

The highest number of posts in any of the non-People sections is just shy of 51,000 in the Merchants sub-forum.  The highest number of posts in the Answers section is just shy of 48,000 for the Technical sub-forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.