Jump to content
  • 0
Helmish

Beta grid problems

Question

Im new to creating and i want to login to the beta grid so i can work on meshes without wasting lindens

but everytime i try to login it says that im using the wrong name and or password

please help? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
8 minutes ago, Helmish said:

Im new to creating and i want to login to the beta grid so i can work on meshes without wasting lindens

but everytime i try to login it says that im using the wrong name and or password

please help? 

A resident recently reported this advice that was given to him after he filed a support ticket with the same problem

Please clear your cache (Me > Preferences > Advanced > Clear Cache), then close your Viewer, reopen it and log in to the Beta Grid using your current password. I would recommend logging in to the region Morris

if that doesn't work you will have to file a support ticket.  

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

 

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
24 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

A resident recently reported this advice that was given to him after he filed a support ticket with the same problem

Please clear your cache (Me > Preferences > Advanced > Clear Cache), then close your Viewer, reopen it and log in to the Beta Grid using your current password. I would recommend logging in to the region Morris

if that doesn't work you will have to file a support ticket.  

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

 

i did this but it didnt work ):, i have tried to file multiple tickets about this but no answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have you ever logged in there before?  If not, have you accepted the IP Terms via your account page?
https://secondlife.com/my/account/ip/accept.php?

 

Every time I do that, it just takes me in circles to the start.  Not that i need to upload stuff on the beta grid, I just go to hang out and watch whatever Ki is doing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

When you click the "I accept" button, you should be taken to a page that says this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.cbe45dfb0b44d1f31a1d30e922d044e2.PNG

...assuming you have a payment method on file, that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When you click the "I accept" button, you should be taken to a page that says this:

Capture.thumb.PNG.cbe45dfb0b44d1f31a1d30e922d044e2.PNG

...assuming you have a payment method on file, that is.

Oh it does that for me, but I thought once accepted it would look different to confirm I had both things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
18 minutes ago, Helmish said:

i did this and it still didnt work

Then unless anyone else comes along with any other suggestions you are stuck waiting on the Support ticket -- or if you are Premium you can use Live Chat.

Side note -- did you change your password recently?  Not sure how those are synced on the beta grid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Then unless anyone else comes along with any other suggestions you are stuck waiting on the Support ticket -- or if you are Premium you can use Live Chat.

Side note -- did you change your password recently?  Not sure how those are synced on the beta grid.

what category should i file the ticket in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Helmish said:

what category should i file the ticket in

I'm have no real clue, but guessing off the top of my head, I'd guess that it would be considered some sort of Account issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It seems there continues to be password issues when accessing the Preview/Beta Grid, Aditi. Generally, once you get in they are very few and are related to one of the conditions below.

For that password problem reason, I keep my passwords as a list. When changing keep the previous one written down somewhere. Especially if you change often. Aditi may lag behind or it may update quickly. So, you may need to use an old password until Aditi login updates. And the viewers don't understand that AGNI and ADITI passwords are the same. Viewers treat them as separate grids each with a user ID and password. You will have to login into both grids typing in the same password for each. Then the viewer will remember.

Aditi can be tricky to get into. Regions change, as in come and go. So, logging into the Last Location can be a problem. Recently Animesh1 changed to EEPTesting... So, a Last Location of Animesh1 will fail. I log into Last Location most of the time. If I have a problem, I change to Home. If that doesn't work I log into a region by typing in a region name.

You can try logging into HOME when Last Location fails. It should land you in a HUB, but from time to time that fails too. So, get the names of 2 or 3 regions for login locations when you have problems. Morris is the location of the Server-Scripting UG meeting. It has been around for a long time. It is a safe bet it will be online and working. Ahern is adjacent. Both have a landing hub in one of their corners. 

I have avoided setting a Home location. If my Home region were to be down, I have to wait for the servers to try then look for a HUB and send me there. Without a Home the servers just look for live place and send me there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...