How do introverts make friends in SL ?

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Iva, when I was a kid, my parents hosted summer parties in our barn, often capped off by an evening movie. They were exciting affairs, involving considerable preparation, yet I'd invariably find myself sneaking away from them to take a walk on the beach. On one of my trips down the path, I encountered my father coming the other way. We both needed breaks to recharge. I asked him why he put so much effort into hosting parties he couldn't endure without rest stops. His response was classic McMasters:

"The answer will become obvious when you eventually attend a party hosted by someone else. Some day you'll thank me for protecting you."

Thanks Dad... and to the rest of you who put up with me.

;-).

• Like 3

On 8/29/2018 at 12:09 PM, Clover Jinx said:

Now I just have to find that Extrovert to strap myself to. When I first started SL I found quiet a few friends, AND some that were close for years. But Real Life happens and it has taken them away. An activity I used to be involved with got to be so political and Drama ridden I have had to step away and remove the caustic people from my list. Seems so much harder to find good friends anymore. 

On 8/31/2018 at 12:21 PM, BelindaN said:

I don't see many (any?) introverts in this forum????? Wouldn't an introvert just watch and read???   And be too timid to contribute?

The best definition of introvert vs extrovert that I've seen, and that seems to me to be the most real is:  An introvert can be social, but typically needs alone time to recharge because social situations, especially large ones, are exhausting to the introvert.  Whereas the extrovert actually needs those social situations to get energized.

When I first found the forums back in 2007, I lurked for a while before I started adding a comment here and there.  When my comments seemed to be accepted, then I did it more and more.  However, despite how much I might post here in the forums (because I do know most of these people and feel comfortable now) and chat at the Hangout (because I also know those folks pretty well), I will still be quite for a long time in a new large social situation and be very slow to warm up and venture into conversations.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2061 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.