ddos

DIANNASS

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i m getting attack .. and i believe is Ddos.  from [MODERATOR EDIT: USERNAME REMOVED] . what i can do to stop it... i found out that when no one interesting in his service he attack it clubs any place. 

Capture_2018_07_27_13_40_08_689.png

Edited by Dakota Linden
Removed Avatar Names

12 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Open the person's Profile and Mute/Block him.  Add him to the land's ban list in World/Parcel Details/Access.

thats not going to help a lot if it really is ddos, thats not done from inworld. .. but i think in this case is the best solution because it smells for me to a interpersonal little love drama.

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

thats not going to help a lot if it really is ddos, thats not done from inworld. .. but i think in this case is the best solution because it smells for me to a interpersonal little love drama.

Doesn't matter, the response is the same for any sort of griefing.  But I don't think it is a DDOS attack.  Causing one's viewer to crash is normally done by other, much simpler, means. 

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Doesn't matter, the response is the same for any sort of griefing.

yes it does matter, because LL wil never act on a rl issue thats not related to SL. ddos isn't griefing in the meaning we use it in SL.

Next to that, the message OP shows is something we see dozens of times with just bad connections. As i said, it looks like a personal issue, and the crashing has nothing to do with ddos or any activities of the person she accuses. Just a bad connection and hurted feelings. 1+1 is not always 2 .. sometimes just what it says  1+1.

I agree with everything you say, Socks!  But it STILL doesn't matter.  No matter how someone attacks you, the only response available in Second Life is mute, ban, report, ignore.  If it really is a DDOS attack, outside SL, then Linden Lab won't be able to do anything.  Nevertheless, it should still be reported.

Just now, Fionalein said:

I strongly disagree they can still ban that user.

Well, yes.  In an ideal world.  But WOULD they, if the attack came outside of SL?  It's sort of the same thing as when some nasty person posts your IMs on Facebook...it's a violation of ToS, but outside LL's jurisdiction.  So...I don't think they would.  But I could be wrong!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2099 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.