Creating Tattoos

CedricEmporio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, CedricEmporio said:

Are there any step by step text to picture tattoo guides or any updated tutorials for creating tattoos?

Software in use: Photoshop CS6

CPU: Windows 10 laptop

google gives me several tutorials when i search for it, give it a try :)

creating tattoos is the same as creating system (layer) clothes.

If you create for mesh bodies you need the same textures too, but also need the applier kits from the different creators.
There might be some tweaks needed to fit tattoos perfectly on the mesh bodies, the stretching and folding around the body parts can be slightly different to the original behaviour.

Edited by Alwin Alcott

9 minutes ago, CedricEmporio said:

never created clothes i just feel like creating tattoos is a much simpler process which maybe can lead up to clothes just not trying to put all my eggs in one basket. I've searched google but ive seen the articles are well over a 2 years old and im not really sure if they are updated enough with the mesh bodies. Thats why i asked for anything updated thats remotely close to updated software and no i dont create for mesh bodies. Im just trying to find my niche in something and i feel tattoos is like that basic start

for tattoos you could even use 14 yr old tutorials, those didn't really change. The layer clothes ánd tattoos are in fact the same. The layer clothes nearly disappeared now, due to the mesh clothes, but tattoos are still made the same way.

With the new "baked on mesh"  comming soon, also layered clothes can be a good business again.

However it's no rocket science, don't think too easy about creating tattoos, the market is full of low and mediocre qualities, making a outstanding product asks enough skills.

If you're truly patient, then you don't need someone else's perfect tutorial. All you need is a gentle shove in the right direction and some imagination. You will learn a lot more if you make your own mistakes instead of learning someone else's perfect cookbook example anyway. Start with one of those mediocre ones and have fun.  ^_^

One of the basics not mentioned is the Chip Midnight and Robin Wood's templates (UV Maps). In a general sense these work for both system and mesh body tattoos. You can Google for Second Life clothes templates to find the various templates available.

Mesh body makers usually have templates available in their Dev Kits. It is probably easier to start with an Omega Applier as it will work with most mesh bodies. Saves chasing down all the dev kits.

The coming Bakes-On-Mesh feature will hopefully simplify making skin, tats, and clothes for mesh bodies. The process should then be similar if not exactly like making skin, tats, and clothes for the system avatar. So, learning how to make system tats will be time well spent.

8 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

google gives me several tutorials when i search for it, give it a try :)

creating tattoos is the same as creating system (layer) clothes.

If you create for mesh bodies you need the same textures too, but also need the applier kits from the different creators.
There might be some tweaks needed to fit tattoos perfectly on the mesh bodies, the stretching and folding around the body parts can be slightly different to the original behaviour.

never created clothes i just feel like creating tattoos is a much simpler process which maybe can lead up to clothes just not trying to put all my eggs in one basket. I've searched google but ive seen the articles are well over a 2 years old and im not really sure if they are updated enough with the mesh bodies. Thats why i asked for anything updated thats remotely close to updated software and no i dont create for mesh bodies. Im just trying to find my niche in something and i feel tattoos is like that basic start

2 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

for tattoos you could even use 14 yr old tutorials, those didn't really change. The layer clothes ánd tattoos are in fact the same. The layer clothes nearly disappeared now, due to the mesh clothes, but tattoos are still made the same way.

With the new "baked on mesh"  comming soon, also layered clothes can be a good business again.

However it's no rocket science, don't think too easy about creating tattoos, the market is full of low and mediocre qualities, making a outstanding product asks enough skills.

im a perfectionists so im not striving for low and mediocre but i have enough patience to make them outstanding. Its just that the tutorials look low and mediocre i guess thats why im struggling to find that just right tutorial lol

55 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

If you're truly patient, then you don't need someone else's perfect tutorial. All you need is a gentle shove in the right direction and some imagination. You will learn a lot more if you make your own mistakes instead of learning someone else's perfect cookbook example anyway. Start with one of those mediocre ones and have fun.  ^_^

i wasnt asking for a perfect tutorial lol i was asking for an updated tutorial. I used to design tattoos for a different platform and find that alot of tutorials were not updated and even following those outdated tutorials i still had questions that couldnt get answered and never got answered until i found someone who was willing to show me his exact process and how to perfect it and was able to answer questions. Im just hoping for a fairly decent tutorial that uses photoshop i keep running into Gimp tutorials and i havent used gimp in 4 years so i dont have time to compare between the 2 either lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2103 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.