Newb: How do I go from 512 to 1024?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So, I signed up for Prime a few months ago, I got a 512 house, now I get a notice that Prime members can get a 1024 house.

How do I go from my current 512 house (completely empty, by the way) to a 1024 house? I've been searching for instructions for a while...

Thank you for your help.

KT :)

You abandon your house by standing in the middle of it and going to the land tab and hitting  abandon (I think that is correct; haven't had a linden home but someone will write if I don't have that quite right) .  You then BUY a 1024 MAINLAND lot from either a private party or at auction from Linden Lab. It is only the tier (like a property tax) that you get free, not the lot. 

There are no 1024 hours YET but there will be in a few months (this reported in a recent interview with Ebbe).

Hope that helps some.  You might just want to wait for the new 1024 houses to appear :D. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...

You can go the world map in SL and check the box that says 'land sale' which is normally unchecked. This highlights all the land available in yellow with a little price tag icon and a dollar sign. Clicking on this tag shows the land size and price. If you don't see something exactly the size you want you can try talking to the land seller in the area you like. 

There is also a forum below:

https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-parcels-for-sale-mainland/

Daz, you have lots of choices.

1.  Get a free Linden Home.  Right now, these are on 512 m2 parcels, but in a week or three we may see LL introduce the new Linden Homes on 1024 m2 parcels.  We don't know yet what the terms and conditions for getting one will be.

2.  If you don't have a Linden Home, you can buy a mainland parcel of up to 1024 m2.  You have to pay the initial purchase price, but you won't be charged a monthly tier fee.  Here are some ways to find parcels for sale:

• World Map.  Check the "Land Sale" box in the map legend, and parcels for sale will be shown in yellow.
  • Search.  You can set parameters like For Sale/For Rent, Mainland/Private Estate, and the minimum and maximum parcel size and price for your search.
  • The Marketplace has a "Real Estate" category you can look in.
  • The Forums have a "Mainland Parcels for Sale" section: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/forum/286-parcels-for-sale-mainland/
  • You can also check out the Land Auctions page: https://places.secondlife.com/auctions#0  Be sure to read the Auction FAQs before bidding!

3.  Mixed bag:  You can have a free 512 Linden Home and still go out and buy another parcel of up to 512 m2.  The key is that, to avoid paying a monthly tier fee, your total Mainland holdings must be 1024 or less.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1843 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.