What are the best places to shop on SL if you have a Maitreya body?

lexihart1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Literally every big mesh creator makes stuff for Maitreya. You can visit several of the events ongoing to check for new stores. The seraphim hud has a list to the big majority of them. You can find the HUD on marketplace for free.

Edited by Sylvannas Zulaman
adding more info
  • Like 1

May be worth your while having a browse round the popular shopping events like Uber, Fameshed & Collabor88 you'll be hard pushed to find any fashion brands that aren't creating sometimes exclusively for Maitreya the only exceptions really would be footwear that can only be worn with Slink kitten or pointe feet otherwise you're pretty much spoilt for choice

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

you'll be hard pushed to find any fashion brands that aren't creating sometimes exclusively for Maitreya

Except those that say they are and when you try a demo it's a wtf moment.  "merchant did their best guess at a maitreya fit" so DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO and DEMO some more :D

A friend gifted me something the other day,  so no DEMO beforehand.  I had to wear it for a while as it was a gift and show her but the alpha cuts just did not match up at all. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Except those that say they are and when you try a demo it's a wtf moment.  "merchant did their best guess at a maitreya fit" so DEMO DEMO DEMO DEMO and DEMO some more :D

A friend gifted me something the other day,  so no DEMO beforehand.  I had to wear it for a while as it was a gift and show her but the alpha cuts just did not match up at all. 

That happens when you are to restrictive with devkits - you get a body with a notorious reputation of bad fits :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lexihart1 said:

I usually go on MP to find clothes but they don't have everything I am looking for... Are there any inworld stores i could go to?

Depends how you want to look. Some people are happy to look like a regular, every day real life person and shop at places like Blueberry or Addams. I believe they are extremely popular stores. But you can let your imagination go wild and dress in many different styles. What are you after? Basic mall shopping look, sci-fi, fantasy, gothic, BDSM rape victim?

• Like 1

There realy isn't a 'best' shops. It all depends on what you like, how you want to look and how much you're willing to spend. MP is a good place to start, a lot have a SLURL to their inworld shop. Events are great to check out different designers. Also there are a lot of different fashion blogs that can give you an idea of what's available.

And, like Cindy already mentioned: DEMO, DEMO, DEMO MORE!

On 24/05/2018 at 7:16 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

Exactly.
It's so disappointing to find a perfect outfit on display, and then just see it doesn't fit the body quite well after trying the demo, showing parts of the body.
I love to try clothes, so demos are great for that.
But most times I like to go to a sandbox to try things, and then I have to go back to the store to buy it.
Also, not all items have a demo available.
Not to mention I would love to be able to wear underwear underneath normal clothes and not having them show through. It would be more realistic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, khry5 said:

Exactly.
It's so disappointing to find a perfect outfit on display, and then just see it doesn't fit the body quite well after trying the demo, showing parts of the body.
I love to try clothes, so demos are great for that.
But most times I like to go to a sandbox to try things, and then I have to go back to the store to buy it.
Also, not all items have a demo available.
Not to mention I would love to be able to wear underwear underneath normal clothes and not having them show through. It would be more realistic.

oh yes some of those designers never heared about that body fat slider... :(

Blueberry is a really nice option. They have a few stores in that complex that are good bets for reasonably prices Maitreya clothing, like Just Because. I also like Pink Pearl Design. Another fairly obvious choice is Maitreya themselves. They have some nice clothes that fit perfectly.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2189 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.