LadyChaii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!

Thanks for stopping by! I'm looking for two different things!

1.) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to look for components, big or small, that could possibly be used to create an arid, semi-arid setting? I've typed the term "arid" into MP and found some neat stuff, but I didn't know if maybe anyone had any suggestions for places in game to look!

I'm not trying to be super specific for this because I'm still in that design phase where I'm just browsing at objects and using them to inspire my setting, so I'm open for any suggestions to shop!

I'm thinking something along the lines of maybe a landscape you might see in Nevada or Arizona, with dry-living plants, some desert, some canyons, maybe some streams and arid vegetation on the ground---sort of thing! Nothing full blown desert unless maybe components could be blended in with the right supporting objects. 

2.) I'm also looking for PG rated furniture, but a little more specifically here, furniture that people might he able to use for a Family RP; ones with animations and poses for parents and children. I'm looking for all sorts of pieces you could fit into maybe a bedroom, a living room, a dining room, or just to fill little nooks.

I'm not trying to find any weirdish stuff with disciplines in them or anything, just ones that maybe have parents holding their children or them playing with toys or reading together---sorts of furniture. 

---------------------------------------------------------

For either of these things, I'd rather not get specific with price, style, prim count, land impact, and all that technical stuff. ^^ it would just be easier, I think, if there were any suggestions, that they just be posted and I'll take the time to go visit the stores and decide their necessity in terms of price, technical, and style subjects for myself. <3

Thanks a bunch to everyone!

1 hour ago, LadyChaii said:

I've typed the term "arid" into MP and found some neat stuff, but I didn't know if maybe anyone had any suggestions for places in game to look!

click the "see item in Second Life" line in those items... it will bring you to the inworld stores where you perhaps find more than only on MP.

Chance you find like minded people there, or groups where you get more info.

please do older players a favor... don't talk about "in game"... but use  "inworld"  ... most don't see SL as game.

1 hour ago, Ethan Paslong said:

click the "see item in Second Life" line in those items... it will bring you to the inworld stores where you perhaps find more than only on MP.

Chance you find like minded people there, or groups where you get more info.

please do older players a favor... don't talk about "in game"... but use  "inworld"  ... most don't see SL as game.

Thanks for the response!

I definitely didn't think about any groups that may be associated to some of the stuff I saw!

And I'll  try to remember that, but no promises on my term usage! Since, the flip side of that being that some of us do think of SL as a game. ^^ 

But, as long as we all know what we all mean, no harm done!

11 hours ago, norajulian said:

I don’t really mind if you say “In game” myself. :D

For Family furniture, check places like Chez Moi, Boogers, and Muddpuddles. I know I’m forgetting some, but I’m so sleepy. 

Oooo! I didn't know Chez Moi had family furniture! I'll definitely check all of those places out, thank you! ^^

Edited by LadyChaii

12 hours ago, LadyChaii said:

1.) I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to look for components, big or small, that could possibly be used to create an arid, semi-arid setting? I've typed the term "arid" into MP and found some neat stuff, but I didn't know if maybe anyone had any suggestions for places in game to look!

Cube Republic has some amazing Joshua Trees, also some pampas grass, which is a must have for Arid

bb83ea4bef752f1c42522b290d43f7ac.thumb.jpg.1b3052d39205983a968463225450d5f9.jpg

23a58751aed04f84e5ae3a8547542363.thumb.jpg.51588b34b964dc14c66088dc5dccec54.jpg

We're Closed has nice arid grasses and a few shrubs

Botanical has some great Blooming Agave, also some cactus and *****ly pears

0ad50f8aaf8eae9af693f7ce181dc774.thumb.jpg.ee310f75351f14026ad3ce24595a5198.jpg

Nadine Reverie has some nice ancient olives and Eucalypts

Kidd has some nice Lavender- but use it sparingly or change the alphas to mask

Skye has a few trees that are nicely arid

Alerium has their Dwarf forest and Nanohana which I find work well

b347414e111a2d62c7125ab7a095c0b6.jpg.29ef6964ad547613e02323bcde6d5274.jpg

Don't discount weeds! T-Spot, Two Moon Gardens (please remove her normal full-brite yuckiness)

Fanatik for the Lofoten rocks set in Arid colours.

And of course, if you want stuff for a home:

9f871bb4bcad7e7906468e3eae433c6f.thumb.jpg.52d90b0f5b607a5fa2e5c1ce291c8b3a.jpg

EDIT: Seems you can't say *****ly Pears. because *****ly Pears are obviously highly sexualised and offensive to those people who freak at the thought of nipples! Sort of makes it hard if you want to tell someone that *****ly Pears are a great arid plant even if the goats won't eat 'em. Well, there is a *****ly Pear centre back of the photo above, you can guess from that what the Lab censored *****ly part is. Come to think of a lot of those house plants are pretty *****ly.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

*insert previous post* ^

Ohhhhh! I saw some of these on MP, but, I can't say I've heard of the others! These are awesome! Thank you! ^^ I can't wait to go check all of those places out!

And at the *****ly pears thing... xD gebus!

Hello Lady!

You should check some palm and tropical trees to do something like a arid scenario.

And for furniture, I'm a real fan of ~BAZAR~. They have wonderful mesh itens with PG versions!

I hope you enjoy it! Have a wonderful week <3

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Stoonna said:

And for furniture, I'm a real fan of ~BAZAR~. They have wonderful mesh itens with PG versions!

I second this, I'm a fan of their furniture because it rezzes prop's, too! Very interactive, very fun, very high quality and low prim, too. Prices are great as well :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Stoonna said:

*previous post*

Ohhh, yes on the palm trees! Thankfully, I've found some of the tall, skinny ones and some of the squatter, rounded ones. <3

36 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

*previous post*

Thanks for the advice, you two! ^^ I've  owned some ~BAZAR~ pieces before and loooove them! You guys know exactly what I'm looking for! I definitely went and checked them out! Their kitchens are some of my favorite in SL. ><

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2203 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.