Altamura Jenny Bento Head

LittleMe Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

The male body Robert doesn't either and one of the reps said this is intended. *boggle*

Since Altamura sells their own nails appliers I'm guessing they just want to make people buy those?  But if they used Omega compatible nails they could sell Omega nail appliers even to people who don't use Altamura bodies.  So I'm kinda confused.  I guess that doesn't affect heads though, so maybe buying an Altamura head and using it with some other body is a better choice?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MegaRose said:

But if they used Omega compatible nails they could sell Omega nail appliers even to people who don't use Altamura bodies.

..which makes me think it has less to do with wanting to sell own-brand nails and more to do with a tech issue.

I'm pretty sure I've seen mention of adding omega-compatibilty to the Altamura nails being on the 'to do' list.

7 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

I've also come across an amazingly stupid bug in their Jenny head. The following text and images are from the blogpost I am writing about this deal, which I will post ONLY after they fix the SLURL. Buyer beware!

I did come across one bug with this head. I bought it and set it up to wear with the Altamura Valentina body I had bought earlier at the Skin Fair. The neck seam on the Jenny head was wider than the neck on the Valentina body (see image, at bottom). In order to fix it, you have to click the "OTHER" button on the included Jenny head HUD, and then CLICK AROUND TO FIND THE INVISIBLE BUTTON that removes this seam, located somewhere above the ear button on the bottom!

I've already told the Altamura customer support people just how stupid this design decision is. Here's an actual transcript of my conversation with their rep:

{I deleted this}

Perhaps Altamura will issue an updated HUD with a fix for this incredibly stupid issue. Invisible buttons?!?? I am NOT impressed with this at all.

Neck Problem.png

This is a bug specific to the HUD for the actual head (i.e. invisible buttons) - the buttons are very visible on the DEMO HUD.  In my pic, the actual HUD is show with the demo HUD below it:

image.thumb.png.4906bdc7f7e37e942d049c487c1ae1a5.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I don't know the HUDs for neither that body nor that head in question, so no idea how complicated it might be set up.
But if you call THAT mismatch a mere "seam", then I'm ... umm... I'm a fairy prima ballerina or something.

Actually, the part she showed would be what is similar to the 'neck fix' thing on mesh bodies.  I think it is used to cover the seam if the head and neck don't fit together well, but for my Maitreya body and system head it just always looked bad. 

For this head, when I removed it (hid it), then I was left with an actual seam/gap between the head and my Maitreya body.   These pics show the neck area with that area removed, sized at XS and sized at S.  Intentionally done with non-matching skin to see what it is doing.

image.png.73de96a568cc60b2a95682395f508c1f.png
image.png.c06a41977be778bb0f156ea30956201b.png
image.png.cbeb41b9ee72ac20b7759affe263d536.png

I'm guessing with a bit of playing with my shape sliders, I could get the gap to to away and then I wouldn't need that sleeve thingy, similar to how I got my Maitreya body neck to match up to my system neck.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is a bug specific to the HUD for the actual head (i.e. invisible buttons) - the buttons are very visible on the DEMO HUD.  In my pic, the actual HUD is show with the demo HUD below it:

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if the demo hud works with the full version? Not that using that instead is a satisfactory solution, it would be better to have the buttons visible on both.

1 minute ago, LexxiXhan said:

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know if the demo hud works with the full version? Not that using that instead is a satisfactory solution, it would be better to have the buttons visible on both.

It does -- or at least that part of it does - I haven't played with all of the buttons from DEMO HUD to actual Head.  I'm keeping the demo HUD for now though.  I also sent a note to the Altamura creator.  Since the buttons are visible on the demo, despite what the one customer service person said to Vanity, I'm thinking that the "invisible" was a goof.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

image.thumb.png.4906bdc7f7e37e942d049c487c1ae1a5.png

LittleMe, may I use this picture showing the demo HUD versus the regular HUD in my blogpost? It would help illustrate the problem. Thanks in advance!

Those buttons are visible on the Giselle HUD as well (at least the free one from last December). They don't appear on the head HUD for Valentina, but since that is a full-body (head and body in one) they would not be needed. Am I right in thinking that Jenny was originally a full-body too?

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, angeoco said:

Am I right in thinking that Jenny was originally a full-body too?

Yes. So you're right, there would be few people making use of the function - just those people who wanted to use the head part of the Jenny fullbody with another body such as Lara for clothes compatibility (although most Lara-rigged clothes work well on the Altamura body anyway). Presumably this head release is aimed at people who either have other brand bodies/ system body (so would need the neck fix, and visible buttons) or people who have other Altamura fullbodies (I haven't checked the whole range, but Jenny, Mia and Valentina at least all have the exact same body) but want to use a different head without paying full price for another fullbody. In which case the neck fix wouldn't be needed.

I haven't heard back from LittleMe so I took my own screenshots and updated my original blogpost (see link I made earlier). I still think that this was a stupid decision on Altamura's part, and they are going to get lots of questions from users about it.

In case you need the link again: https://ryanschultz.com/2018/04/10/second-life-steals-and-deals-altamura-jenny-bento-mesh-head-for-only-l700-at-the-expo-fair/

11 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

LittleMe, may I use this picture showing the demo HUD versus the regular HUD in my blogpost? It would help illustrate the problem. Thanks in advance!

Definitely.

Oh well - I guess I was late responding - work was so busy I never got to the forums today.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

I became a fan of Altamura mostly because of the almost 24/7 friendly customer service. Knowing how coding evolves, along with updates to product lines, it's interesting to me why you choose to be so highly critical of what a CSR said about the missing buttons. They have stated their HUD is being updated soon, and to harp so much about something I've seen few people complain about in their channel makes me curious as to why. It doesn't seem that they're hiding anything, or you wouldn't have had something to cut/paste from the conversation, right? They're quickly answering any questions about it, right? They gave you the solution, right? So what part is so "stupid, stupid, stupid"? Maybe I'm missing something...

16 minutes ago, TheCelestialToymaker said:

I became a fan of Altamura mostly because of the almost 24/7 friendly customer service. Knowing how coding evolves, along with updates to product lines, it's interesting to me why you choose to be so highly critical of what a CSR said about the missing buttons. [...] They gave you the solution, right? So what part is so "stupid, stupid, stupid"?

Initally I gave them the benefit of doubt and assumed it was simply a mistake since the demo HUD has the buttons visble.

However, per Vanity's conversation with a CSR, she was told that they "hid them because too many people were actually messing their necks up" -- and IMO, that is stupid. 

22 minutes ago, TheCelestialToymaker said:

They have stated their HUD is being updated soon

Where have they stated this?  I'm a member of their group and have been for months.  There have been no group notices saying that the HUD is being updated.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Initally I gave them the benefit of doubt and assumed it was simply a mistake since the demo HUD has the buttons visble.

However, per Vanity's conversation with a CSR, she was told that they "hid them because too many people were actually messing their necks up" -- and IMO, that is stupid. 

Where have they stated this?  I'm a member of their group and have been for months.  There have been no group notices saying that the HUD is being updated.

I guess it hasn't been in the notices yet as it hasn't been released? But it's been chatter in the channel for the past month... Perhaps the CSR was just trying to help? I don't imagine he's part of the design team, but if the problem gets solved, hey..   *shrugs*

Edited by TheCelestialToymaker
Additional statement

1 hour ago, TheCelestialToymaker said:

I became a fan of Altamura mostly because of the almost 24/7 friendly customer service. Knowing how coding evolves, along with updates to product lines, it's interesting to me why you choose to be so highly critical of what a CSR said about the missing buttons. They have stated their HUD is being updated soon, and to harp so much about something I've seen few people complain about in their channel makes me curious as to why. It doesn't seem that they're hiding anything, or you wouldn't have had something to cut/paste from the conversation, right? They're quickly answering any questions about it, right? They gave you the solution, right? So what part is so "stupid, stupid, stupid"? Maybe I'm missing something...

As others have noted there is a lot of official "help" on the group chat channel and it most often is NOT good. I can't say anything about this particular case as I didn't see the chat -- and of course we couldn't post it anyway. BUT, typically and OFTEN there is very bad or no advice given. I have a feeling that a lot of folks get hired and get no training. That certainly seems to be the case. 

I have no issue with the body, but support (even the notices to group) often contain incorrect info.

Hence why so many are commenting on that.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LexxiXhan said:

Yes. So you're right, there would be few people making use of the function - just those people who wanted to use the head part of the Jenny fullbody with another body such as Lara for clothes compatibility (although most Lara-rigged clothes work well on the Altamura body anyway). Presumably this head release is aimed at people who either have other brand bodies/ system body (so would need the neck fix, and visible buttons) or people who have other Altamura fullbodies (I haven't checked the whole range, but Jenny, Mia and Valentina at least all have the exact same body) but want to use a different head without paying full price for another fullbody. In which case the neck fix wouldn't be needed.

So, since Jenny did not have those buttons to start with, they had to be added for the head-alone version, and maybe things got a bit confused and the the non-demo got messed up. I doubt very much that they really intended to have invisible "buttons" on the HUD, unlike apparently all other Altamura heads. Given the comments about the quality of support from the CSRs, they could be just as confused about it as anybody else.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2018 at 7:17 PM, Vanity Fair said:

Ho anche incontrato un insetto incredibilmente stupido nella loro testa Jenny. Il seguente testo e le immagini sono tratte dal post di blog che sto scrivendo su questo accordo, che pubblicherò SOLO dopo aver sistemato lo SLURL. Compratore stai attento!

Mi sono imbattuto in un insetto con questa testa. L'ho comprato e sistemato per indossarlo con il corpo Altamura Valentina che avevo comprato in precedenza alla Skin Fair. La cucitura del collo sulla testa di Jenny era più ampia del collo sul corpo di Valentina ( vedi immagine, in basso ). Per risolvere il problema, devi fare clic sul pulsante "ALTRO" sull'HUD della testa Jenny in dotazione e quindi CLICARE INTORNO PER TROVARE IL PULSANTE INVISIBILE che rimuove questa giuntura , posizionata da qualche parte sopra il pulsante dell'orecchio sul fondo!

Ho già detto alle persone del supporto clienti di Altamura quanto è stupida questa decisione di progettazione. Ecco una trascrizione reale della mia conversazione con il loro rappresentante:

{Ho cancellato questo}

Forse Altamura pubblicherà un HUD aggiornato con una correzione per questo problema incredibilmente stupido. Pulsanti invisibili ?! ?? NON sono affatto colpito da questo.

Neck Problem.png

Hello, Vanity Fair :)

What you show is the neck size, it is not a seam. However the HUD is fixed on the sold version and not on the demo. We named this part "Neck size" and Now you can turn off the neck .So you can widely spread this news on your blog :). Neck size  exists to connect the mesh head with the second life body. It is not necessary on bodymesh, if the creator of the body has respected the canons of sl. Even if the body mesh creator has not respected it, the body will be provided with a fitting neck, you can use that.

https://gyazo.com/e661bcab73a49e1832bef3638eb591e4 Jenny without neck size

https://gyazo.com/50180d9e3896f5a8da4e2932b9048cbd Jenny with neck size and HUD of head.

Sure you will use this information for a correct information to your followers, I thank you in advance and I send you best regards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Rumegusc Altamura said:

Hello, Vanity Fair :)

What you show is the neck size, it is not a seam. However the HUD is fixed on the sold version and not on the demo. We named this part "Neck size" and Now you can turn off the neck .So you can widely spread this news on your blog :). Neck size  exists to connect the mesh head with the second life body. It is not necessary on bodymesh, if the creator of the body has respected the canons of sl. Even if the body mesh creator has not respected it, the body will be provided with a fitting neck, you can use that.

https://gyazo.com/e661bcab73a49e1832bef3638eb591e4 Jenny without neck size

https://gyazo.com/50180d9e3896f5a8da4e2932b9048cbd Jenny with neck size and HUD of head.

Sure you will use this information for a correct information to your followers, I thank you in advance and I send you best regards.

Thank you! I'm very happy with this response. I have updated my blogpost: https://ryanschultz.com/2018/04/10/second-life-steals-and-deals-altamura-jenny-bento-mesh-head-for-only-l700-at-the-expo-fair/

Edited by Vanity Fair

On 11/4/2018 at 3:18 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

In realtà, la parte che ha mostrato sarebbe stata quella che è simile alla cosa del "fissaggio del collo" sui corpi delle maglie. Penso che sia usato per coprire la cucitura se la testa e il collo non si adattano bene, ma per il mio corpo e il mio sistema Maitreya sembra sempre male. 

Per questa testa, quando l'ho rimosso (nascosto), mi è rimasta una vera cucitura tra la testa e il mio corpo Maitreya. Queste foto mostrano l'area del collo con quell'area rimossa, tagliata a XS e tagliata a S. Fatto intenzionalmente con una pelle non corrispondente per vedere cosa sta facendo.

image.png.73de96a568cc60b2a95682395f508c1f.png
image.png.c06a41977be778bb0f156ea30956201b.png
image.png.cbeb41b9ee72ac20b7759affe263d536.png

Immagino con un po 'di gioco con i miei cursori di forma, potrei ottenere il distacco da lontano e quindi non avrei bisogno di quel manicotto, simile a come ho avuto il mio collo del corpo Maitreya per abbinare al collo del mio sistema.

Giving wrong information does not help people.
In these images taken with the gyazo I show you the head of Jenny (visible) with the body maitreya (visible)

https://gyazo.com/ac818fe729a7d088ce9e2c66f59728f8

https://gyazo.com/e5d6110bd7581c216b8130b802bafcd7

https://gyazo.com/5b5aa67c79c473c2ed9075b876d5a650

5acf7bdcd04a7_HeadJennywithbodymaitreyabodyfat8.png.fd92e82c9e90502672986ea76ea72e1c.png

Head Jenny with body maitreya body fat 8

5acf7c2680bfe_HeadJennywihbodymaitreyabodyfat100.png.0d88846c2469af8406f5668be8922772.png

Head Jenny wih body maitreya body fat 100

5acf7ca04ee34_HeadJennywihbodymaitreyabodyfat100necktrikness74andlenght100.png.c6b9909c63f8ee5e4d03506066762284.png

Head Jenny wih body maitreya body fat 100 neck trikness 74 and lenght 100

And now some abbreviated technical information, since not being insiders, I can understand that you do not know them:

For simplicity I tell you that the mesh heads, before being exported, are attached to the second life body and vice versa the second life head bodies. Moreover, by convention, this conjunction in 99% of the mesh heads has non-fitted mesh weights.

This means that they must necessarily match heads and bodies .... Is the concept clear?

Bye

Rumegusc Altamura Creator and CEO Altamura Bento Avatar

Edited by Rumegusc Altamura
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Rumegusc Altamura said:

Giving wrong information does not help people.
In these images taken with the gyazo I show you the head of Jenny (visible) with the body maitreya (visible)

I don't know how you can claim it was wrong info.  Those were pictures of the Jenny head attached to my Maitreya body, with no neck sizing and using XS and S.  

If all of my slider values were exactly as you specified, then mine probably would look like your pictures.  However, since all folks do not have their various body size sliders at the same value, there is the potential for anyone to have exactly what I showed in the pictures.  In this case, I will have to play with my body sliders to get a proper fit.

On 12/4/2018 at 9:56 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Non so come si possa affermare che erano informazioni sbagliate. Quelle erano immagini della testa di Jenny attaccata al mio corpo di Maitreya, senza collare e usando XS e S.  

Se tutti i valori del mio cursore fossero esattamente come specificato, allora probabilmente il mio sarebbe simile alle tue immagini. Tuttavia, poiché tutte le persone non hanno i loro vari slider di dimensioni corporee allo stesso valore, c'è il potenziale per chiunque di avere esattamente quello che ho mostrato nelle immagini. In questo caso, dovrò giocare con i miei cursori corporei per ottenere una misura adeguata.

Body that i worn on photo is maitreya and i used extreme size as you see: lara version 4.1 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2201 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.