Password Requirements

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When creating my first Alt recently, I was a bit surprised at the password requirements (upper/lower/number etc.). This was never enforced on my main account. Wouldn’t it have made sense to make users with non-compliant passwords change them, eventually (to prevent easy hacking of passwords)?

NOPE

if i was forced to change my password id just quit, no joke, ive done it before on other games

My password is something i want to use and i can remember easily. I do not care if its vulnerable because its easy or simple, ive used the same password on everything that can use it since i was 10 years old.

I signed up for habbo hotel in 2006 before they even required an email. I had my username, and a 4 letter password. Never had my info compromised, even as a 10 year old i wasnt dumb enough to give out my information. Around 2011 they phased out non-email accounts and required an email and an 8 character password to sign up, and older users had to update their accounts for it. I have not touched that account since 2011.

Did the same thing with runescape, though they still allow username only accounts, they did require me to change my password to something new, which i never did.

This game is played by people 14+ (i think or is it 13?) and these people should be smart enough to know how to not get their account stolen. Their password is their business in how secure they want it to be.

Over the years of stuff changing their password requirements, my universal password has like 10 variants now and if i havent logged into something for a long time im sitting there trying all these combinations of what it could be, usually i just reset it or make a new account.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Wouldn’t it have made sense to

No.

You don't **** with peoples choice of passwords, people won't **** with your head with a 20lb sledgehammer...

Everybody gets to login, nobody has to die...

Just now, Klytyna said:

No.

You don't **** with peoples choice of passwords, people won't **** with your head with a 20lb sledgehammer...

Everybody gets to login, nobody has to die...

Yet, if you create a new Alt, you can’t use the same password as an existing account if it did not meet “new” password criteria. Is that not x’ing with people's passwords?

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yet, if you create a new Alt, you can’t use the same password as an existing account if it did not meet “new” password criteria. Is that not x’ing with people's passwords?

Just because some "Never logs in to SL, doesn't have a SecondLife, has no clue about SL or it's users" Linden Clan Management-Fail decided to mess with new accounts password options with that utterly moronic "One Uppercase One Number" crap (the uppercase is almost always the first letter and the number is almost always the last and it's usually 1), is NO excuse for YOU suggesting they should force that pointless crap on the rest of us...

• Like 1

I tend to make my passwords strong, and absolutely unrelated to anything in my Real Life. Even when I created my former account in March '08, my password was 12 characters strong, had 2 uppercase letters, a sign, and 3 numbers in it (and no, the number 1 was not among them :P). The password to my computer is even longer, and more complicated. However, I also change all my passwords every 3 - 6 months, depending on the vulnerability of the account. B|

Edited by ThorinII

my password are non typable,  it's how I prefer it,  then I keep them in a container that is protected with a 4096 key (4gb key), no not paranoid, just been taught by several people that are connected to certain agencies that I should always never keep my cookies easily accessible.

4 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

my password are non typable,  it's how I prefer it,  then I keep them in a container that is protected with a 4096 key (4gb key), no not paranoid, just been taught by several people that are connected to certain agencies that I should always never keep my cookies easily accessible.

Yet they meet the LL password requirements, sounds legit!

23 hours ago, PrincessMaika said:

Hello, yesterday a friend wanted to change her password, she must have been wrong in the word because she can not connect anymore. she did the thing for recovery but her account is frozen how she does to recover it. Thank you

Tell your friend to submit a support ticket.

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.