You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

LIGHTBULB MOMENT,

I decided to visit my ancient looking linden labs home that is 80 prims and unfurnished and looks like something that was built in 03 and thought to myself, why isn't LindenLabs

Updating their homes with mesh?, I mean like, good lord, They could fully furnish a mesh home with 1/2 the prims of the outdated Premiums homes they have now. I think the good people at LL should ponder on that for a bit I mean use half the prims, give the new citizens a nice looking home and more prims from all the prims you be saving from updating to the new mesh.

JDragonash:SwingingFriends:

Edited by Jaymee Dragonash
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

LL has already announced that they're updating the Linden homes. Since the homes aren't on the 512 parcel (they're linked to a root prim that's on common property), any savings in the LI of the homes won't affect the 512 parcel at all. It's possible LL will create some new areas with houses on 1024 sqm parcels, but that's speculation.

4 hours ago, Jaymee Dragonash said:

I think the good people at LL should ponder on that for a bit I mean use half the prims, give the new citizens a nice looking home and more prims from all the prims you be saving from updating to the new mesh.

Don't forget that the prim count/land impact is only a crude estimate of the load an item causes on the servers and viewers. A sim with as many houses as a Linden Homes sims, made in mesh at the efficiency level the Moles are capable of at the moment, and filled up with typical high poly mesh furniture from gachas and MP would be Lag Hell.

It's a different story once we have 1024 m2 parcels though, since that means only half as many houses to the sim.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ChinRey said:

It's a different story once we have 1024 m2 parcels though, since that means only half as many houses to the sim.

And double room for user owned bad meshes... I see no improvement there =^.^=

I prefer meadowbrooks which can be easily restyled with tortured prims and the meadowbrooks resource kit... I suspect Lindens will actually tell the moles to hold back a little to encourage a 3rd party market (much like what happened in Horizons)

Edited by Fionalein

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.