Group Bonus

So Whimsy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I just deeded my land to my group in preparation to purchase more land. However, I am a bit confused. Shouldn't the bonus be 10%? My parcel is 2048sqm (as is my tier level), so the 10% bonus should be 205 sqm no? As such I should have 2252sqm available without it bumping me up a tier level.

LQ7AkoI.png

Yet, this screenshot indicates I only have 2234sqm available.

Also while I am here, where in my account on the SL site do I now see my land or any info pertaining on how much contribution I made, how much is available and so on since it no longer shows up under the "My mainland" button.

Thanks!

12 answers to this question

OK, I'll take a shot at this.

You purchased 2048 m2 for your group, and checked "owner makes contribution with deed".  You, personally, have 2048 m2 of tier available...1024 as your Premium bonus, and 1024 m2 of paid tier ($7.00 USD per month).

Your group gets a 10% tier bonus, so it only needed 1862 m2 to cover the tier for its 2048 m2 parcel.  (1862 x 1.10 = 2048).  This calculation is done AUTOMATICALLY, and this is what is so confusing to almost everyone.

Having donated 1862 m2, you still, personally, have 186 m2 of unused tier available to you.  You could go try and find another small land parcel to buy!  However, parcels this size are not too common.  Another ploy would be to find a group that "rents" spare tier.  You donate that 186 m2 to such a group, and they agree to pay you $L XX per week for it.

Let's do a thought experiment:  How much Mainland can you own, at the 2048 m2 tier level you currently have?  Through group ownership, you can own up to 2048 x 1.10 = 2,252 m2 (the 0.8 m2 is truncated, not rounded up.)  Some land parcels are sized to appeal to buyers who want to use group owned land to maximize their land ownership in this way.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

I just deeded my land to my group in preparation to purchase more land. However, I am a bit confused. Shouldn't the bonus be 10%? My parcel is 2048sqm (as is my tier level), so the 10% bonus should be 205 sqm no? As such I should have 2252sqm available without it bumping me up a tier level.

LQ7AkoI.png

Yet, this screenshot indicates I only have 2234sqm available.

Also while I am here, where in my account on the SL site do I now see my land or any info pertaining on how much contribution I made, how much is available and so on since it no longer shows up under the "My mainland" button.

Thanks!

Perhaps it doesn’t take effect until more than one person are in the group?

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Perhaps it doesn’t take effect until more than one person are in the group?

The land was deeded to the group after a friend joined it so we were two people in the group at the time of deeding.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Can you check what your land group states? Like in this screenshot:

4c8e82e49096f421ca447980f5cf4ab9.png

Aha! I will have to manually set this to the max amount won't I?

7BXih7v.png

And what is this Group L$ Stipend thingy about? o.o; Gosh I made this account almost 11 years ago and there's still stuff I've never looked at before xD

One more question, when I searched the forums I saw that sometimes you can get double charged for tier when you already own land and then set it to group owned due to some strange glitch. Is that still happening nowadays? I'm a little freaked about that xD

With "this Group L$ Stipend", you mean the "Summary for this week, beginning on..." line? For myself, I filed that as "that's literally the tier date... if there is extra tier involved". No perfect explanation and I pretty much ignored it.

Tier settings are extremely easy to mess up, so double charging can occur due to a mistake.

Just to make sure... those 2048 m² already donated to your group, do they come from your friend? Or did you already donate all your tier and want to reduce it to 1862 m²?
In either way, the 10% group bonus won't show or won't be calculated on your account page, as far as I know. That's where the group profile tab comes in handy.

Like, in my example, there is a tier donator in the group donating tier for 8700-somewhat m². The group bonus gets added and bumps it up to those 9568 m².

... wait, does your group actually own the land, as shown in the left screenshot of mine, or is it rather "set to group" with you still showing as the owner?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Just to make sure... those 2048 m² already donated to your group, do they come from your friend? Or did you already donate all your tier and want to reduce it to 1862 m²?

In either way, the 10% group bonus won't show or won't be calculated on your account page, as far as I know. That's where the group profile tab comes in handy.

Like, in my example, there is a tier donator in the group donating tier for 8700-somewhat m². The group bonus gets added and bumps it up to those 9568 m².

... wait, does your group actually own the land, as shown in the left screenshot of mine, or is it rather "set to group" with you still showing as the owner?

I donated the full 2048sqm to the group and I want to purchase a parcel of approx 3300sqm on the same sim. With the group bonus that would keep me within the 4096sqm tier.

And yes my group actually owns the land, isn't that how it's done? O.o I mean, I figured as much as guides say that the next parcel I am about to buy should be bought using the "Purchase for group" option? Or did I go a step too far there?

3 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

I donated the full 2048sqm to the group and I want to purchase a parcel of approx 3300sqm on the same sim. With the group bonus that would keep me within the 4096sqm tier.

And yes my group actually owns the land, isn't that how it's done? O.o I mean, I figured as much as guides say that the next parcel I am about to buy should be bought using the "Purchase for group" option? Or did I go a step too far there?

At the time you deeded the land, there should have been an option of 'owner makes contribution'.  That will automatically take the tier from your personal use and give it to the group at the same time as the land goes to the group.  

The land tab of the group will tell you exactly how much land can be added before more tier is needed.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

At the time you deeded the land, there should have been an option of 'owner makes contribution'.  That will automatically take the tier from your personal use and give it to the group at the same time as the land goes to the group.  

The land tab of the group will tell you exactly how much land can be added before more tier is needed.

Yes it did give me the option and I went with it.

What confused the everloving heck out of me was the fact that the land is 2048sqm, I deeded the land to the group and I chose the 'owner makes contribution' yet instead of it automatically donating 2048sqm to the group it only deeded 1862sqm to it which seems like a random number and doesn't make sense at all!

Once I raised it to the full 2048sqm everything now makes sense again and is as it should be and I'm getting the full 10% bonus. If it had done that from the start (using 2048 instead of 1862) I wouldn't have been so confused :S

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syn Anatine said:

Yes it did give me the option and I went with it.

What confused the everloving heck out of me was the fact that the land is 2048sqm, I deeded the land to the group and I chose the 'owner makes contribution' yet instead of it automatically donating 2048sqm to the group it only deeded 1862sqm to it which seems like a random number and doesn't make sense at all!

Once I raised it to the full 2048sqm everything now makes sense again and is as it should be and I'm getting the full 10% bonus. If it had done that from the start (using 2048 instead of 1862) I wouldn't have been so confused :S

Because of the 10% bonus, it apparently only needed 1862 at that moment to cover the 2048 piece of land. 

Group stuff and land tier get quite confusing sometimes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Because of the 10% bonus, it apparently only needed 1862 at that moment to cover the 2048 piece of land. 

Group stuff and land tier get quite confusing sometimes.

That is, too true!

Thank you everyone for the help I really appreciate it! So glad I didn't fudge up, nothing broke and the world didn't erupt into flames for trying out something new! There was only a minor freak out and I may find a first grey hair come morning but other than that it went pretty good!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2237 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.