password probs

velvetgurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

tryed to buy lyndons enter password came up, filled in my sl password, refused message says password dont match our records

yet i was logged in to sl on the grid and i and it is the same pass for my account it allowed me to buy them , is it a bug on the web site,

i also logged to sl on the market place with my password and i can access ok no probs whats happening , or do i have to enter my paypal,

password

10 answers to this question

It really is your SL password that they want (not paypal) and I can pretty much guarantee that there is no bug -- or tons of people would be screaming.  I would say that no matter how careful you were, you must have typed it wrong. You can always type it into a Notepad and then copy from there and paste it into the password field.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

It really is your SL password that they want (not paypal) and I can pretty much guarantee that there is no bug -- or tons of people would be screaming.  I would say that no matter how careful you were, you must have typed it wrong. You can always type it into a Notepad and then copy from there and paste it into the password field.

thank you very much yeah prob me lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, binder59 said:

tryed to buy lyndons enter password came up, filled in my sl password, refused message says password dont match our records

yet i was logged in to sl on the grid and i and it is the same pass for my account it allowed me to buy them , is it a bug on the web site,

i also logged to sl on the market place with my password and i can access ok no probs whats happening , or do i have to enter my paypal,

password

It's probably just a typing error.  BUT, there is one other possibility.  Someone could have stolen your account information and changed your password.  If you recently followed a link that someone sent you and you entered your name and password on what looked like a Second Life sign in page, you may be the victim of a phishing scam.  If you think this is the case, immediately follow the instructions here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

39 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If we assume the original poster DID type in their password correctly, then filing a support ticket would be the next step (or live support if premium).

The OP did come back and say it was prob him/her.  In any case, for all password issues, the first step is to go through the password reset process.

26 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

It's probably just a typing error.  BUT, there is one other possibility.  Someone could have stolen your account information and changed your password.  If you recently followed a link that someone sent you and you entered your name and password on what looked like a Second Life sign in page, you may be the victim of a phishing scam.  If you think this is the case, immediately follow the instructions here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Password-and-account-information/ta-p/700017#Section_.5 (What to do if your account has been compromised)

The OP did say that they successfully logged into the MP afterwards.  So in this particular case it was very likely the typo problem. 

The above link should be saved by everyone though, just in case.

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The OP did come back and say it was prob him/her.  In any case, for all password issues, the first step is to go through the password reset process.

Ah, I thought they were logged into SL or Marketplace ok but just buying Lindens gave errors. ?

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, I thought they were logged into SL or Marketplace ok but just buying Lindens gave errors. ?

Yes, that does appear to be what happened - and I'm guessing it was when the password box popped up after requesting the L$ buy (that 'please give us your password to confirm you are really you before we take your money' thing).

If a password works in multiple places, but not in one place - and the entire community isn't screaming about a problem - then Support will very likely tell you to do one of two things.  1) retype your password "very carefully" or 2) reset it.  Support can't fix a problem that is only user error.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.