right price for 2048 sqm in mainland

JimTondini

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all

I own a 2048 sqm parcel in mainland and I'm thinking to sell is to experiment in a different location.

Is a G rated hill - sea view - parcel, really low laggy.

What can be a reasonable price to sell it? Sorry it would be my first sell, maybe silly question...

Jim

2 hours ago, JimTondini said:

Hi all

I own a 2048 sqm parcel in mainland and I'm thinking to sell is to experiment in a different location.

Is a G rated hill - sea view - parcel, really low laggy.

What can be a reasonable price to sell it? Sorry it would be my first sell, maybe silly question...

Jim

have a look at the landsales in search, you can see what others want for a sortlike parcel

17 minutes ago, JimTondini said:

maybe they will increase the sale price?

who's "they" ? land market is in hands of the residents, as LL didn't really bring new sims online in several years. (except a few smaller more expensive projects as Horizons)

it's  market... keep an eye on it and see what happens.

It might bring a dump of 512 parcels for sale... those cán go down as far as zero, or abandoned by masses..

I think most people will like their land as one piece, or at least in one region. So 512 gets a bit obsolete size i think.

5 minutes ago, JimTondini said:

because the demand will probably increase...

Have you considered a career on the stage as a Professional SL Comedian?

The Madlands suffers a terrifying glut of unwanted land, abandoned land, land offered at moronically high prices by people who will never manage to sell it for anything close to the total of the tier they forked out during the 6 months they waited for it to sell, etc.

The majority of SL's Baby Land Baron Wannabe's go bust slowly, crippled by buying at moronic prices from sharp operators who are smarter than they are, and buried under a mountain of negative equity.

"Correct price for a [whatever] sized parcel" = "Whatever you can fast talk a noob less clued up than your self into paying for it"

Welcome to SL.

• Haha 1

We're already seeing an increase in demand, now that all Mainlanders have an extra 512 of tier to use -- at least until they tier-down to save more. (I gotta say, somebody had a bit of marketing acumen to simultaneously cut prices by 10%, so there's savings already without tiering-down. That's kinda ingenious.)

But I wouldn't expect it to raise land prices much, or for very long, except maybe the most desirable locations. I'm sure the Lab will push more abandoned land to auction faster than before to absorb the increased demand, so "commodity" Mainland won't be going up in price for long. (They're highly motivated to keep purchase price low to reduce any barrier to folks paying tier every month.)

There was definitely an increase in demand yesterday afternoon and evening (US time).  I've been casually looking at parcels for a few weeks.  Yesterday was the first time I had multiple parcels bought while I was standing on them considering if I wanted them.  Everywhere I went last night there seemed to be people looking at almost every parcel I TPd to -- or in some cases, the parcel was not for sale anymore despite what inworld search or the map showed.

44 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There was definitely an increase in demand yesterday afternoon and evening (US time).  I've been casually looking at parcels for a few weeks.  Yesterday was the first time I had multiple parcels bought while I was standing on them considering if I wanted them.  Everywhere I went last night there seemed to be people looking at almost every parcel I TPd to -- or in some cases, the parcel was not for sale anymore despite what inworld search or the map showed.

Yes, as I shop around myself I am seeing multiple people landing on parcels where I pop into. Got lucky and found a wonderful spot this morning, too. Now for those selling 2048 and 8096 plots - if they were smart would parcel them into 1024 each. because if I wanted 2048 then I'll buy two, but it will double or triple the chance of selling if parceled to 1024 for those looking for that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2248 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.