linden dollars not updated in my account

aan2230

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 minutes ago, aan2230 said:

i bought L$ for my account but they are still not updated

how much time it takes ?

How did you buy them? If you used Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)  it depends on the price you offered to buy for someone to match your order.

You can cancel that order and change to instant buy if you need your L$ immediately or buy from the viewer.

Edited by Cindy Evanier
pressed return too soon
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, aan2230 said:

i buy them from credit card

how can i change it to instant buy

i'm seriously doubting you bought , your profile shows as "no payment info"... means you have no source to buy/pay for the L$

This means mostly that the card you tried to add, is not a real credit card, but a debit or prepaid.

Can you give a little more info? ( no personal details of course..)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alwin Alcott said:

i'm seriously doubting you bought , your profile shows as "no payment info"... means you have no source to buy/pay for the L$

This means mostly that the card you tried to add, is not a real credit card, but a debit or prepaid.

Can you give a little more info? ( no personal details of course..)

yes sure

8 minutes ago, aan2230 said:

i cannot buy them from master card 

you have no payment info registered, it is impossible to buy anything from LL, not premium, not L$ if you don't have that

Did you read the info Cindy gave the link to?...it's all quite clearly explained there.

this is a very important step mentioned there

KBcaution.png Important: You must have payment method on file in order to purchase Linden dollars. Register a payment method.

if that fails, you will not be able to buy L$... and your profile stills says  "No Payment info" ... so you didn't give a valid one yet.

52 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you have no payment info registered, it is impossible to buy anything from LL, not premium, not L$ if you don't have that

Did you read the info Cindy gave the link to?...it's all quite clearly explained there.

this is a very important step mentioned there

KBcaution.png Important: You must have payment method on file in order to purchase Linden dollars. Register a payment method.

if that fails, you will not be able to buy L$... and your profile stills says  "No Payment info" ... so you didn't give a valid one yet.

There has been an issue with that info not always showing correctly lately on the inworld profiles.  The web profile shows 'Payment info on file'. 

image.png.5198aec2fc00bccf6e277377f8be6f7e.png

Or actually, I guess the issue has been that those two profiles are out of sync, but I'm not totally sure that the inworld one is always the wrong one.  It has been in a few cases lately, but it is possible that in this case the web profile is the wrong one.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, aan2230 said:

i bought L$ for my account but they are still not updated

how much time it takes ?

When you bought your L$ - from the below picture, did you use the left side or the right side?

image.png.592d7e969edf761ab38981cfeabba5f1.png

If you used the right side, your request to buy is waiting for the price point to be met.  On the far left, under "Linden Exchange", click Manage and then click "LindeX Order History".  From there you can cancel that order.  Then return to the Buy L$ screen and use the "Instant Buy (Market Buy)" option.

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Or actually, I guess the issue has been that those two profiles are out of sync, but I'm not totally sure that the inworld one is always the wrong one.  It has been in a few cases lately, but it is possible that in this case the web profile is the wrong one.

Yeah and that's only the ones we have noticed.  Bit of a pain in the bum

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

There has been an issue with that info not always showing correctly lately on the inworld profiles.

It has been in a few cases lately, but it is possible that in this case the web profile is the wrong one.

would mean LL did change something in the billing that doesn't work well with the viewer... ?  a comment by a Linden would be welcome in that case.

1 minute ago, Alwin Alcott said:

would mean LL did change something in the billing that doesn't work well with the viewer... ?  a comment by a Linden would be welcome in that case.

wonder if its different in SL viewer.  On FS it says no info

There is another recent thread where someone complained that their web profile correctly shows Payment info, but inworld does not and someone else confirmed via a script that inworld thinks there is No payment info.  Something odd definitely going on lately.

4 minutes ago, aan2230 said:

i have added all type of billing types

both visa and master card but none of it is doing the job

1.PNG

This would imply that the cards you are trying to use are either Prepaid cards or actually Debit cards (those types are not allowed).  If neither of those are true, it could also be that your card company is seeing the charge as possible fraud - it happens now and then.

If you can't figure it out, contact Billing:

Local Toll-Free numbers (for Billing issues)
  Available 5am to 3pm PST 

US/Canada: 800-294-1067 FREE

France: 0805-101-490

Germany: 800-724-4552 FREE

Japan: 800-100-3060 FREE

Brazil: 800-878-3076 FREE

Spain: 90-083-9074

UK: 0800-086-9081 FREE

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277

**Note: Support is offered only in English

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aan2230 said:

may be but i am in need of 500L$ desperately

i have to buy a land but i think i may have lost all time :(

There is nothing that the people here on the forums can do -- we are all just Residents like you.

Contact Billing via the info above.

On 3/9/2018 at 4:50 AM, Cindy Evanier said:

How did you buy them? If you used Best Rate Buy (Limit Buy)  it depends on the price you offered to buy for someone to match your order.

You can cancel that order and change to instant buy if you need your L$ immediately or buy from the viewer.

Thank you for this answer...i didn't know that's how limit buy worked...I bought some lindin like that almost a week ago and was wondering why its taken longer than the 4 days they said on the initial purchase. They have already taken the money out of my account, so do you know from personal experience or anything if cancelling it, they put the money back into the account or not? If you don't know that's totally fine :) I just figured i would ask since you mentioned how the limit buy worked.

1 minute ago, Kendrina Fairywren said:

Thank you for this answer...i didn't know that's how limit buy worked...I bought some lindin like that almost a week ago and was wondering why its taken longer than the 4 days they said on the initial purchase. They have already taken the money out of my account, so do you know from personal experience or anything if cancelling it, they put the money back into the account or not? If you don't know that's totally fine :) I just figured i would ask since you mentioned how the limit buy worked.

I have never done it but from many posts on this forum I am sure you cancel cancel the order and the money will sit in your account to be used next time you buy L$.  If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me shortly

28 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I have never done it but from many posts on this forum I am sure you cancel cancel the order and the money will sit in your account to be used next time you buy L$.  If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me shortly

That's exactly how it works.  When you place a bid for buying L$, Linden Lab charges your payment method for the anticipated purchase and puts the money temporarily in an escrow account.  If you cancel the bid (on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Lindex Order History), the amount is transferred instantly to the USD balance in your account, where it is available for a new L$ order. Until you are more familiar with how currency exchanges work, I suggest using only the Market Buy option, which does not involve competitive bidding. Your order will be filled at the current market price, using whatever money is in your USD balance first.

5 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

That's exactly how it works.  When you place a bid for buying L$, Linden Lab charges your payment method for the anticipated purchase and puts the money temporarily in an escrow account.  If you cancel the bid (on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> LindeX >>> Lindex Order History), the amount is transferred instantly to the USD balance in your account, where it is available for a new L$ order. Until you are more familiar with how currency exchanges work, I suggest using only the Market Buy option, which does not involve competitive bidding. Your order will be filled at the current market price, using whatever money is in your USD balance first.

I am aware of how currency exchanges work...I have been buying lindin for years.  I tried this for the first time because it gave no other information, from now on I will only be doing the market buy...I didn't appreciate the snotty tone at the end of your answer. I know my profile says "newbie" but I have been on this avatar for close to 8 tears.  I am not actually sure why when I post here it says that.  Thank you for the information but the way it was presented seemed a bit like you were talking down at me for asking a simple question about a lindin buying option I haven't used in the past. I apologize if I took it wrong, but that's just how it sounded to me.   

Apology accepted. I didn't have any thought of talking down to you, but I am truly sorry if it sounded that way. Since you do understand how currency exchanges work, I encourage you not to give up on the Limit Buy option after all. If you are buying more than $25 worth of L$, it can save you enough money to be worth trying. The trick is to examine the price that has the highest current backlog of orders -- the most likely price -- and place your offering price L$ 1 away from that.  If you get greedy and say that you want more L$ per USD than that, you'll probably be waiting for a long time.  In my experience, if you have to wait more than 4 or 5 days, you might as well cancel the order and re-submit at a different price.

EDIT:  Oh, the "Newbie" tag is meaningless.  It just means that you haven't posted here very many times, regardless of how long you've been in SL. ;)

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

Apology accepted. I didn't have any thought of talking down to you, but I am truly sorry if it sounded that way. Since you do understand how currency exchanges work, I encourage you not to give up on the Limit Buy option after all. If you are buying more than $25 worth of L$, it can save you enough money to be worth trying. The trick is to examine the price that has the highest current backlog of orders -- the most likely price -- and place your offering price L$ 1 away from that.  If you get greedy and say that you want more L$ per USD than that, you'll probably be waiting for a long time.  In my experience, if you have to wait more than 4 or 5 days, you might as well cancel the order and re-submit at a different price.

EDIT:  Oh, the "Newbie" tag is meaningless.  It just means that you haven't posted here very many times, regardless of how long you've been in SL. ;)

I was only buying about 10 dollars worth of lindin with the limit buy so it really only gave me 100l more than it would have with the market buy.  It had been like...almost a week since I did the limit buy (today would have been a full week, with nothing happening), so I cancelled it. The money hasn't gone immediately back into my bank account however, so i am a little concerned about that...but i am going to give it a few days and see what happens before i contact support about it. And again i really do apologize for reacting poorly to your first response, sometimes i see things that just aren't there lol  And thanks for letting me know about the newbie tag....this was my first post to the forums, so i wasn't really sure what the tag meant...its now changed to Resident, but now i know. I think if im not spending a ton of money for lindin ill just do the Market Buy from now on...it seems the easier and safer route  :)

Edited by Kendrina Fairywren
redundant sentence
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kendrina Fairywren said:

The money hasn't gone immediately back into my bank account however, so i am a little concerned about that.

It doesn't go back to your bank account unless you do a process credit.. it will sit in your US$ account.. go to your dashboard then account - account history/statements and you should have a balance there  which you can either cash out or use to buy L$  with instant buy

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2231 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.