Try to imagine a Wizard of Wor/SL crossover

64winkle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Imagine two parallel universes collide and WIZARD OF WOR becomes integrated into Second Life...so red scorpions roam across all sims attacking residents and the Wizard of Wor himself taunts residents and zaps them (destroying them permanently). Do you think this would improve SL or be to its detriment?

• Confused 3

Wizard of Wor is an arcade game released in 1980 by Midway. Up to two players fight together in a series of monster-infested mazes, clearing each maze by shooting the creatures. The game was ported to the Atari 8-bit family, Commodore 64, Atari 2600, and Atari 5200 and renamed to The Incredible Wizard for the Bally Astrocade.

Wizard_of_wor_gameplay.png

I had to Google it because I was not familiar that game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, 64winkle said:

Imagine two parallel universes collide and WIZARD OF WOR becomes integrated into Second Life...so red scorpions roam across all sims attacking residents and the Wizard of Wor himself taunts residents and zaps them (destroying them permanently). Do you think this would improve SL or be to its detriment?

Definitely a detriment.  We all have different reasons for being here and mine most definitely has nothing to do with reincarnating anything from the games of my youth. 

I want to play dress up, shop, do hunts, listen to music, dance, and chit-chat with people.  At no point in my SL fun do I have any desire to battle anything or anyone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Definitely a detriment.  We all have different reasons for being here and mine most definitely has nothing to do with reincarnating anything from the games of my youth. 

Absolutely.  Some SL residents are here to play games (I enjoy some myself every once in a while).  A very large number have no interest in games at all.  The least thing we need is a bunch of people romping across SL, pretending that they are in WoW.

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2420 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.