Missing friend OHROB

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Had a similar experience about three months ago when a long time friend disappeared.  No word why, just never came on again for months, so of course I thought the worst and assumed they died, or was very sick, since we were daily friends for two years.  After 14 weeks of not seeing them on SL, I unfriended them and left  a note saying if they ever come back to let me know so we could resume our friendship. 

So about three days ago I get a message in world saying she had been off SL for the last three months since her cable provider raised her internet charge from 35$ to 70$ a month.  She was so mad she dropped her internet but was making plans to get a new provider soon.  S o, should I be mad that she did not let me know she was leaving SL because of the internet rate increase?  Or, should I just chalk it up to SL and be friends again with her?

13 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

After 14 weeks of not seeing them on SL, I unfriended them and left  a note saying if they ever come back to let me know so we could resume our friendship. 

So about three days ago I get a message in world saying she had been off SL for the last three months since her cable provider raised her internet charge from 35$ to 70$ a month.  She was so mad she dropped her internet but was making plans to get a new provider soon.  S o, should I be mad that she did not let me know she was leaving SL because of the internet rate increase?  Or, should I just chalk it up to SL and be friends again with her?

Why did you unfriend her?
You have been with her for 2 years, thats more than 100 weeks. Compare this to the 2 weeks, where you already lost your patience.
How many friends can you store in your list? Not enough, to keep a person you met on a daily basis?

And why would you be mad?
She had a problem with the provider as she explained. And probably, there are more bad things happening in RL. Happens all the time. And not everyone thinks about, to who he/she should send an info about the upcoming offline time.

Be nice to her, laugh with her about the horrible providers, have fun.
Behave like she never went offline.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

S o, should I be mad that she did not let me know she was leaving SL because of the internet rate increase?  Or, should I just chalk it up to SL and be friends again with her?

You should be really happy and grateful that she is OK and nothing bad happened to her. And maybe a little bit shamed that you unfriended long time friend just like that after only 2 weeks.

1 hour ago, Resi Pfeffer said:

Compare this to the 2 weeks,

13 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

And maybe a little bit shamed that you unfriended long time friend just like that after only 2 weeks.

ehm...guys/girls...

15 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

After 14 weeks of not seeing them on SL, I unfriended them

weeks... not days...

yes welcome her back... but think 14 weeks is enough.

Also.. her ISP won't raise the fees within one day, normally she would have time enough to tell.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2018 at 5:37 AM, SierraStyles said:

I had not heard from a friend, he appears to have left SL.He goes by OHROB and he's from Canada. Any ideas?

If his account is still active, send him an IM. If his offline IM’s aren’t “capped”, maybe he will get an email with your IM. Send more than “Hey” lol

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

weeks... not days...

Well, thats quite a bit longer :)
My fault.

But i dont change my opinion because of that.
You kept the contact for 2 years. You missed her, after she disappeared. She came back to you, after she came back to SL. 
For me it sounds its really worth to keep it going.

13 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

ehm...guys/girls...

Resi is the short version of Theresa

Many thanks for everyone's advice and counsel.  I will send a friend request once I know she is back on SL.  There are some of us here, however, who worry about our friends when they disappear, especially when you only have a few friends, and 14 weeks is a long time between communication.  Please help us worriers and let us know if you are going to be away from SL for more than a weekO.o

image.png.ffafeea6b455e2d9e041ee1b0a1f5598.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2261 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.