where to buy prims?

deplove

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, deplove said:

hi, I'm a premium resident and I have a linden house with 175 prims.
How can I increase the prims? is it possible to buy them? if it is possible in what section should I look? Thanks for your help
Adriana

no not possible, the amount of prims is tied to the size of the land/parcel. The total LI (land impact is the official term, prims is the old desctiption) on Linden Homes, and 99.9% of the other 512 sqm parcels is just that.

If you want more prims you will have to move out and abandon your Linden Home and buy a larger parcel at mainland, or go rent at private estates.

(want more information about land, read the articles in the Knowledge Base)

• Like 4

Alwin's quite right.  The number of objects you can put on your land, including in a Linden Home, depends on the the size of the land parcel.  "Prim count", the old term, is now called "land impact" because the introduction of mesh objects required a change in how object complexity is calculated...but most of us still think of land impact as being at least roughly equivalent to "number of prims".  

You have two choices.  You can shop for objects with a lower L.I. so as to use your budget of 175 more efficiently.  Or, you can abandon your Linden Home and either lease a larger land parcel on a private estate, or buy a larger Mainland parcel.  In either case, you will pay more per month for your larger land.  (One little benefit to your present Linden Home is that the prims of the house itself don't count against your 175 prim allowance.  If you simply buy another 512 sq m. mainland parcel, any house you put on it will count against that allowance, which will actually leave you with fewer prims available.)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sorry, if it is not OK to mention a seller.

I'm not sure what the rules of the forum says but I think you should be careful with doing that.

Low prim is the order of the day for furniture these days but the brand you mentioned is and old one that is hopelessly outdated and overpriced. (If you want the technical details, it sells sculpt furniture using a little known hack to allow multiple faces on a sculpt at the cost of poorer performance. It was quite revolutionary before mesh was introduced and the prices reflect how unique the furniture was back then. Today there are many merchants who sell much better low prim furniture much cheaper.)

Apart from that, I think Lindal and Love have the right answer. With good quality furniture, you will run out of space long before you run out of prims (or land impact as we are supposed to call it now). Unless you have lots of prim babies and/or breedable pets in your house that is. They will always be high prim for a good reason: they take up a lot of resoruces both for the server and your computer and that is what the prim limit is suppsoed to be all about after all. The solution in those cases is what Alwin suggested, get a bigger land with a bigger share of the sim's total resources.

But for furniture, one or two prims per piece, maybe a little bit more for a good bed, that's all you really should expect. The prices are generally low, certainly much cheaper then increasing your prim quota. Make sure it's good quality though. Before you buy, look at the item rom a distance - at least as far as you are ever going to see it in your house. Also, be careful with furniture using lots of high resolution textures, they add a lot of lag (this is a problem very common for gacha items but not only for those). A few high lag feature items won't do much harm but if you fill your whole house with them, you're asking for trouble.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

Low prim is the order of the day for furniture these days but the brand you mentioned is and old one that is hopelessly outdated and overpriced. (If you want the technical details, it sells sculpt furniture using a little known hack to allow multiple faces on a sculpt at the cost of poorer performance. It was quite revolutionary before mesh was introduced and the prices reflect how unique the furniture was back then. Today there are many merchants who sell much better low prim furniture much cheaper.)

Hmm.  A lot of their entries SAY mesh and seem quite reasonable to me. I also like that they sell items that can be many things (just switches texture).  Perhaps your review is based on old information.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmm.  A lot of their entries SAY mesh and seem quite reasonable to me. I also like that they sell items that can be many things (just switches texture).  Perhaps your review is based on old information.

Out of interest I zipped over there as I remembered being in an event with this brand a couple of years ago.  THEN while it was mesh the LODs were so very bad at 2 which is what I run at that you couldn't see anything but triangles even up close.

NOW things are much improved and while there are still some items that could use better LODs (IMHO) many are very good and certainly fine for inside a building. So again, the not so secret secret it to GO and TEST and SEE how things look.

And it was very good that I did this as somehow my LOD setting switched to 4 (oh my) and I have to upload some multipaned windows again -- at least for my use and as an option for customers. Happily my mountains are all still very good (whew). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8.12.2017 at 9:13 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Hmmm... seems they do mesh now yes. Why is it my tenants keep dragging in those old multiface sculpts with spikes that stick out through the walls then?

Still garbage quality though and the prices are quite a bti higher than what you can expect to pay elsewhere. Although, to be fair, they must have spent quite a bit of time and Linden dollars on animations.

But this gives me an idea, maybe I should start making some furniture myself? In that case I suppsoe I better shut up.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.