Broken AO - Pls Halp

RedWrath

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello good people of the SL Forums. 

-insert waving here- 

I was driving a vehicle through a roleplay community when I crossed the dreaded sim crossings. When I finally got out of the car and reactivated my AO, my avatar didn't move. I chalked it up to sim lag so I logged out and back in. Toggled my AO on and off and back on again and still my animations would not work. . . I became increasingly concerned seeing as I didn't make multiple copies of this AO so I only have the ONE. I also do not have the packaging it came in anymore.. I know right, typical noob move. 

I need help, I love this AO it is no longer in the creators store, its no longer on marketplace. Here are some other things I have tried to do. 

-Toggle on and off

-Relog

-Rez AO on the ground, pick it up and add it on

-Detach and Reattach

-Refresh Avatar Attachements

-Load Notecard within the AO

-Click to change stands and nothing would move :(

-Contact the Creator in hopes they still use SL

-Cry, Just kidding. Though I am really upset about it. 

If you have any suggestions that are helpful please do let me know in the comments section below, or by contacting me in-world at RedWrath Resident. Thank you all for your time. 

3 minutes ago, RedWrath said:

Hello good people of the SL Forums. 

-insert waving here- 

I was driving a vehicle through a roleplay community when I crossed the dreaded sim crossings. When I finally got out of the car and reactivated my AO, my avatar didn't move. I chalked it up to sim lag so I logged out and back in. Toggled my AO on and off and back on again and still my animations would not work. . . I became increasingly concerned seeing as I didn't make multiple copies of this AO so I only have the ONE. I also do not have the packaging it came in anymore.. I know right, typical noob move. 

I need help, I love this AO it is no longer in the creators store, its no longer on marketplace. Here are some other things I have tried to do. 

-Toggle on and off

-Relog

-Rez AO on the ground, pick it up and add it on

-Detach and Reattach

-Refresh Avatar Attachements

-Load Notecard within the AO

-Click to change stands and nothing would move :(

-Contact the Creator in hopes they still use SL

-Cry, Just kidding. Though I am really upset about it. 

If you have any suggestions that are helpful please do let me know in the comments section below, or by contacting me in-world at RedWrath Resident. Thank you all for your time. 

Tried getting a redelivery?

Couple other things to try - go to a quiet sim that you know enables scripts and doesn't block them. Take off your AO and then revoke all animations  (I can't remember exactly what it's called since I'm not in world...in firestorm I think it's under avatar health). Try rezzing then resetting the scripts in the AO.

if all else fails and you have mod/copy rights and use a viewer with inbuilt Ao - move all the animations into the viewer AO and use it that way.

Edited by Peony Sweetwater
Typos...
  • Like 1

Check if the scripts in the AO have been set to not running.
While the AO is worn or rezzed on the ground, edit it, go to the contents tab.
Double click each script to open it & see if the "Running" box is ticked.
If the scripts are mod & running is not ticked, tick it.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, RedWrath said:

I became increasingly concerned seeing as I didn't make multiple copies of this AO so I only have the ONE. I also do not have the packaging it came in anymore.. I know right, typical noob move.

Those mistakes are not just for noobs, everybody do them all the time. There were two of them btw: forgetting to backup and wearing an active AO while driving. ;)

Three more things you can try:

• Reset the scripts
    • If you use the official viewer, open each script the way Whirly described and click the Reset button
    • If you use Firestorm, right-click on the AO and select edit. Then go to the Build menu and select Scripts->Reset Scripts (that menu has a handy shortcut for setting all scripts to running too btw)
  • If resetting isn't enough and you use Firestorm, try Recompile Scripts (Mono). It's in that same handy Script submenu of the Build menu. (When is LL goign to add that to the official viewer btw?)
  • Finally, if all else fail: find a fresh new freebie AO, remove the animations and configure notecard from it and add the ones from your beloved AO instead. Reload notecard and off you go.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2017 at 3:44 PM, Peony Swee*****er said:

Couple other things to try - go to a quiet sim that you know enables scripts and doesn't block them. Take off your AO and then revoke all animations  (I can't remember exactly what it's called since I'm not in world...in firestorm I think it's under avatar health). Try rezzing then resetting the scripts in the AO.

if all else fails and you have mod/copy rights and use a viewer with inbuilt Ao - move all the animations into the viewer AO and use it that way.

Yes, I had never built an AO using the Firestorm given space for that, I actually wound up unpacking the animations at a sandbox and building it through the Firestorm AO section, and thus far it is working. Thank you all for the help. I truly appreciate all of the help, I was more certainly in need of all these suggestions and tips! 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2017 at 3:44 PM, Peony Swee*****er said:

Yes, I had never built an AO using the Firestorm given space for that, I actually wound up unpacking the animations at a sandbox and building it through the Firestorm AO section, and thus far it is working. Thank you all for the help. I truly appreciate all of the help, I was more certainly in need of all these suggestions and tips! 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.