Jump to content
  • 0

What Happened to the Edit button?


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I wanted to go back and edit one of my recent posts in Answers, and could not find the Edit button.  Or the Delete option.  Weren't these just here the other day?  Or am I losing my mind?  

EDIT:  Well, THIS post has an Edit button!  But my replies to other posts don't seem to.

Also, I noticed that you can now sort a thread by date or by votes.  YAY!

EDIT 2:  Well, now that I've spoken in public and made a fool of myself, my posts have the Edit button back again.  I think the Forum is out to get me.

EDIT 3:  SOME posts have the Edit button back.  Others don't.  Hrrrrrgh.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
10 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I wanted to go back and edit one of my recent posts in Answers, and could not find the Edit button.  Or the Delete option.  Weren't these just here the other day?  Or am I losing my mind?  

EDIT:  Well, THIS post has an Edit button!  But my replies to other posts don't seem to.

Also, I noticed that you can now sort a thread by date or by votes.  YAY!

EDIT 2:  Well, now that I've spoken in public and made a fool of myself, my posts have the Edit button back again.  I think the Forum is out to get me.

EDIT 3:  SOME posts have the Edit button back.  Others don't.  Hrrrrrgh.

You only get those options for 24 hours - are the posts possibly older than that?

ETA:  On the 'sort by date/vote'  - that has been there for a while, but unfortunately it defaults to 'by vote'.  I want an option in my preferences to always sort by date.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

You only get those options for 24 hours - are the posts possibly older than that?

Yes.  Stupid clock.

But in better news, I am now only 13 posts shy of the 10,000 mark.  When Rolig first hit that in the old forums, I said to myself "Lindal, you will never have posted that many answers."  Now I have, almost.  Of course, Rolig is still far down the path ahead of us all, but if that ever changed, the universe would end.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Of course, Rolig is still far down the path ahead of us all, but if that ever changed, the universe would end.

But we can give it a try. As a Norwegian poet once wrote: it's hopeless and we don't give up!

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Of course, Rolig is still far down the path ahead of us all, but if that ever changed, the universe would end.

Some day it probably will. Or at least  "the world as we know it", as the old Firesign Theatre sketch used to say. Life is funny that way.  Some mornings you get a medal for just showing up.  9_9

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Some day it probably will. Or at least  "the world as we know it", as the old Firesign Theatre sketch used to say. Life is funny that way.  Some mornings you get a medal for just showing up.  9_9

Firesign also said "I think we're all bozos on this bus".

...waves to her fellow bozos.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1313 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...