Several SL Questions..Please Help!

SyndraJade

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1)Where do you get the items that make your avatar move when your standing still..in other words if your not walking, running or flying,etc and your standing still..your avatar will tap their feet,move their hair with their hands,even walk around in a circle stuff like that.And what are those devices called?

2)The Greenlife SL Viewer....is it better than the old/regular viewer? Will it update without problems? What makes it better? Tell me more please.

3)When I take my clothes off my avatar and switch skins,the clothes I took off sometimes reappear,and I have to take them off again. Is there a way to fix or avoid this?

Thanks,

Syndra:smileytongue:

1. They are called AO's or Animation Override.

2. I have not heard of Greenlife SL Viewer, The Phoenix Viewer seems to be very popular. My opinion is the people who run SL make the best Viewer for SL.

3. Not sure about the clothing reappearing, you may be Wearing outfits from a Folder which has more than one item in it. I don't edit my appearance very often.

1) it's known as an AO or animation overrider stores like Vista oracul MrS & Akeyo sell then from as low as L$0

2) The Greenlife viewer also known as Emerald is a banned viewer and has been since about july last year you might like to try it's replacement Phoenix Viewer or it's brand new Firestorm viewer (currently in pre-alpha/alpha preview) based on LL's V2 but greatly improved

SyndraJade wrote:

This seems to be a specific animation override..you know exacly what it's called? Specific to that motion.

A lot of places have those movement ones that vary...try Vista Animations, they seem to have a big selection :)

Whichever place you end up, you will have to get up on the demo pad and it will cycle through the different anims, showing you what each one does...good luck and have fun.

1.  An Animation Override (AO) is a scripted tool that manages animations.  Onc you get an AO, what you're really after are the animations themselves.  (You can buy some AOs with a full set of animations already loaded, or you can get a free AO and buy the animations yourself.  I do that, because it's more personalized -- and fun -- that way.) There are hundreds of animation merchants in SL, and a large number of animators who create specialty animations for every imaginable movement.  Type "animation" into your in-world Search and see how many places there are for you to explore.  Then have fun shopping.

2.  The Greenlife/Emerald viewer no longer exists.  Phoenix, which is made by some of the same developers but is much better, is one of the most popular viewers in SL.  You'll get a wide range of opinions about which viewer is "best".  An advantage in one person's opinion may be a drawback for another person.   I'd suggest listening to all opinions, learning from them, and then trying the more interesting ones out for yourself.  What's important is finding a viewer that you prefer.

3. Usually the odd behavior of clothing textures happens because SL's servers and your computer are having a hard time trading files in a timely fashion.  When you change clothing, the chnge has to take place on your own computer first.  Then the file is uploaded to SL so that other people can see it.  If there are transmission delays or just heavy traffic on the Internet, you can get incomplete file transfer and strange wonkiness until the systems settle down again.  We live with it.

if  you already have an animation over ride/AO for walking you can add standing poses to it.  Or you can buy a prebuilt AO.  I like choosing my own poses to reflect my personality but then it requires you to do some work vs buying somethingyou can just unbox and wear.

Some standing poses are automated and some are static (do not move)  I have 4 stands loaded in my ao, one moves alot, one a little and 2 not at all.  I have them alternated in the AO so that I move when standing still but not so much that I seem twitchy or restless lol.  If you need poses I like Real Expression and Vista. There are others too if you im me in game would be happy to pass you some landmarks

Greenlife became Emerald and Emerald became Phoenix...I love the Phoenix viewer. Kristens is also ok.  I detest the SL viewer but everyone likes something different.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Welcome to the forum!  The next time you have questions, please post them in the Answers forum.

True, but she probably wouldn't have been able to figure out how to retrieve the answers...that section is a wreck, IMO :smileysad:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Welcome to the forum!  The next time you have questions, please post them in the Answers forum.

True, but she probably wouldn't have been able to figure out how to retrieve the answers...that section is a wreck, IMO :smileysad:

No one gets "points" for answering questions here but I do agree, the Answers section is not exactly new resident friendly.  I would prefer people ask where ever they feel is appropriate rather than not asking at all.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Kylie Jaxxon wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

No one gets "points" for answering questions here but I do agree, the Answers section is not exactly new resident friendly.  I would prefer people ask where ever they feel is appropriate rather than not asking at all.

Yes, Rhonda...agree totally.  I remember when I first came into SL and everything was so new and confusing.  When this forum went live, I went to answers to ask a question and had a heck of a time making sense of the format...can only guess what the new people think :(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.