Mesh skin and add-ons

Jazleen Raynier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help me. I have finally got my mesh body to look like an actual body rather than a splodgy mess, but I don't know how to put things like my tattoos back on. Also, can you wear normal classic avi clothes with a mesh body. I apologise if this sounds a bit dumb but it's taken me a long time to get the body to go right and after that I have no clue. Another query - how come all the skins I had for my new posh bod don't cover the face and I can't find one on MP (though that may be because I'm not looking in the right place).

Thank you for your help in advance.

Edited by Jazleen Raynier
extra question...

Hello,

We all started at your point so no problem to ask, and most of us like their meshbodies too so we'll gladly help you to feel easy with it.

1st step : make a backup copy of your meshbody. This is SL so you may or may not encounter a bug/update/glitch that will impact negatively your meshbody.

2nd step : take a moment to become familiar with your meshbody HUD. There are usually user-friendly and it doesn't take that long to understand what does what and how.

Clothing layers can not work on your meshbody. Remember that your meshbody is an attachment and you can not apply clothing layers on an attachment.

Appliers for meshbodies are directly inspired from clothing layers : instead of wearing a textured layer on your avie, the applier applies the textured layer on your meshbody.

In short: For both your tattoos and your classic avi texture clothes, you'll need appliers matching your body.
You might check for a redelivery system in the creator's shop or directly contact the creator and kindly ask for an applier update.

A lot of helpful reading material may help you with further questions: http://meshbodyaddicts.com/

You can wear any tattoos and texture clothes ("painted-on" stuff like underwear) that come with an applier that is compatible with your body or with Omega (assuming your body is Omega-compatible). To use an Omega applier you will need to have an Omega system kit ("relay") for your body, which you can get in the Marketplace or in the inworld Omega shop where it is cheaper for group members. Any tattoo or texture garment that does not have a suitable applier can't be used with your mesh body.

Lots of mesh clothes that you wear with your classic body can also be worn with your mesh body, but you will most likely have to adjust your shape to fit them and/or set alpha cuts in your mesh body HUD to stop your body poking through. Clothes specifically designed for your mesh body are much simpler to deal with.

Skins for mesh bodies work the same way as tattoos and texture clothes; any skin package that you buy should include both a classic skin (for your head) and an applier for your body or for Omega.

Edited by angeoco

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, me again (I promise I'm not actually as dense as I come off it's all medical mumbo jumbo but my brain doesn't always work as well as it should - if you could see the 1000s of pieces of paper I have to write day to day life on so I don't forget to go out without clothes on..not a funny sight I can assure you - but I digress (big word yaiyyyy).

I have finally gotten a catwa head on my slink hourglass body. The colouring is okay head and body match so can't complain - however, I have sat here for the last 3 hours trying to put some eyes into her black death like sockets but nothing I do is working. I'm sure it's something quite simple. I've searched in the answers etc here but got nowhere. So, to cut the twaddle - how on this godforsaken land do you put eyes into a mesh head? I'm awfully grateful for any help. I've tried adding them onto the Hud but it wont take them and while death is chasing me with a big scythe, I want to get my girl all finished before the lump goes bang..

Thank you muchly.

Depending on which of the Catwa heads you have, they may already include mesh eyes. All of Catwa's Bento heads contain a rigged set of eyes. If you don't have any in the head's folder, then you have one of Catwa's other mesh heads. A couple of nice mesh eye freebies on Marketplace right now (so you can have something to see out of while you go hunting for other eyes!) are these from Avi-Glam, and these from Mayfly.

Note that you'll probably have to edit the position of these when you wear them. Mesh heads are often slightly offset on the avatar skeleton, so mesh eyes that fit perfectly in a system head usually need to be adjusted for a mesh head.

Edited by Skell Dagger

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 0:06 PM, Jazleen Raynier said:

Hi all,

I wonder if someone can help me. I have finally got my mesh body to look like an actual body rather than a splodgy mess, but I don't know how to put things like my tattoos back on. Also, can you wear normal classic avi clothes with a mesh body. I apologise if this sounds a bit dumb but it's taken me a long time to get the body to go right and after that I have no clue. Another query - how come all the skins I had for my new posh bod don't cover the face and I can't find one on MP (though that may be because I'm not looking in the right place).

Thank you for your help in advance.

Why in the hell would you want classic clothes on a mesh body??? Just get fitted mesh clothes lol

Edited by Chrismaky

Easy, "lol"... layering multiple pieces of clothing, even though they weren't modelled to be worn together.
A second top or a bra underneath a shirt or jacket. Tight fitting leggings to go with dresses or longtops, neatly tucked into boots ... such instances.

League, for example, re-released a set of former system layer leggings as a pack of appliers, original customers could get the update via the redelivery terminal. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2431 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.