A bit confused

Jekb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've just gotten on this recently and I don't really know what I'm doing haha. My fiancée plays a bit more than I do so I just sort of tag along, but just a moment ago I was banned from the London city new users place (and pardon me if this isn't the forum for this, I'm just inquiring about it) and I've no idea why. I see people talking about contacting the owner of the land of certain places, but again I'm new and I don't have any clue how. I get really panic-attack-level upset about bans because I'm the kind of person that will follow rules more than anyone else. If anyone can help me, that would be great, thanks!

I would think that you were not banned, per se, but maybe denied access because of your SL age. Some sims deny entry to those who are new. Why? To help cut down on grievers and those who like to cause problems. The typical age limit for entry is usually 30 days.

You didn't describe what you were doing when you were given a boot, so it is difficult to give you a concrete answer.

In the meantime, follow your fiancee around a bit. Check out more of Second Life and when you get to 31 days old, I'll bet you will be allowed back into London City.

Perhaps someone will come along and give you a better answer.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Jekb said:

So I've just gotten on this recently and I don't really know what I'm doing haha. My fiancée plays a bit more than I do so I just sort of tag along, but just a moment ago I was banned from the London city new users place (and pardon me if this isn't the forum for this, I'm just inquiring about it) and I've no idea why. I see people talking about contacting the owner of the land of certain places, but again I'm new and I don't have any clue how. I get really panic-attack-level upset about bans because I'm the kind of person that will follow rules more than anyone else. If anyone can help me, that would be great, thanks!

Stop looking for reasons... a land or sim owner can ban you for anything or nothing, just depending on his mood, your haircolor, nose or big ears ...

SL is large... find other places shouldn't be too difficult.

The location you mention is known for the easy push-the-button=gone.

43 minutes ago, Jerilynn Lemon said:

when you get to 31 days old, I'll bet you will be allowed back into London City.

as far i know LC doesn't have a age limit, that;s why it's called noobfriendly, but as i said in the post just above the quote, we seen more of these messages recently that people get banned there for little or no reason. (as far people are telling the cause of the ban)

Edited by Alwin Alcott

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

as far i know LC doesn't have a age limit, that;s why it's called noobfriendly, but as i said in the post just above the quote, we seen more of these messages recently that people get banned there for little or no reason. (as far people are telling the cause of the ban)

The OP didn't list a cause, so I ran with a standard answer. If they come back and explain what they were doing, they can get a better explanation.

Edited by Jerilynn Lemon

Just now, Jerilynn Lemon said:

so I ran with a standard answer. If they come back and explain what they were doing, they can get a better answer.

it's very rare that banned persons gets a reason,

it's just not logical you said LC might have a age limit, because it's a newbfriendly place.

It's also that the OP said he was banned suddenly... a age limit doesn't allow underaged visitors at all.

What he describes here is a manual ejection and ban.

9 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's very rare that banned persons gets a reason,

it's just not logical you said LC might have a age limit, because it's a newbfriendly place.

It's also that the OP said he was banned suddenly... a age limit doesn't allow underaged visitors at all.

What he describes here is a manual ejection and ban.

I concur with what you are saying, Alwin. Until the OP tells what the circumstances were (probably won't happen), I went with my initial feeling.

2 hours ago, Jekb said:

Don't troll.

2 hours ago, Bree Giffen said:

I got banned there too! I was checking out London City with an alt and was looking at the prim design of the buildings. I was banned because I had wandered into an out of bounds area. It was a temporary ban.

friday-damn.gif

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2458 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.