SanSar

Mockingx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, is as you know that Linden Labs is working on a project called Sansar. The only worries that I have that Second Life population will dwindle, and the world of second life will not be the lively, beautiful and, wonderful place as I know it. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to see what sansar have in store. So I am curious what is on yall minds? Are you excited for Sansar, please leaveyou comments and thoughts below. 

~ Love Tammy

4 hours ago, Mockingx said:

Linden Labs

There is only one lab.

My curiosity about Sansar faded away about this time last year and I have not had enough coffee yet to overcome my growing apathy.  That about sums it up.  For more detail, take a quick read through the other threads that have been active lately.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mockingx said:

The only worries that I have that Second Life population will dwindle

The resident population and grid size of SL has been on a decline for years. About a year ago there were well over 25,000 SIMs in SL now there is only 23,594. The residents logged on at any given time has also declined and there are more bots now also. As long as SL is making $ it wont be replaced by SANSAR. I been in SANSAR for a while now and its not near as feature rich as SL. It's geard more towards VR with headsets. It has a long way to go before for the avg SL user will enjoy SANSAR the way we enjoy SL. Avatar creation and the communication interface are very basic to the point of being frustrating. I am sure it will evolve over time the way SL did but I doubt very much SL will loose many people to the point of leaving SL all together. IMHO there is a lack off interests in Virtual worlds now and most the population are really not interesting in investing the time and energy that it takes to learn SL or SANSAR, most people now days are really looking for the gaming experience. All those things combined IMHO are what has led to the decline in SL residency and SIM count that I've seen over 10+ years.

SANSAR pics here,..go check it out and see what you think,...why not? :SwingingFriends:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gle91ze9grao99Z23

2 hours ago, Zsigmond Alcott said:

SANSAR pics here,..go check it out and see what you think,...why not? :SwingingFriends:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gle91ze9grao99Z23

My impression from those photos? They still rely heavily on the candlelight effect. Turn down the light, add a bit of yellowish or sepia tint all over the place, maybe a hint of mist too and even a bit of desaturation. Everything looks nice and cozy that way. It can't stand the light of day though.

31 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

My impression from those photos? They still rely heavily on the candlelight effect. Turn down the light, add a bit of yellowish or sepia tint all over the place, maybe a hint of mist too and even a bit of desaturation. Everything looks nice and cozy that way. It can't stand the light of day though.

I saw a youtube video recently that parodied the fact that too many game worlds have been too brown colored. Can't find the link in my history. Maybe someone else here knows what I'm talking about, though.

Edit: I think it was this:

Edited by Lucia Nightfire
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Mockingx said:

Hello, is as you know that Linden Labs is working on a project called Sansar. The only worries that I have that Second Life population will dwindle, and the world of second life will not be the lively, beautiful and, wonderful place as I know it. Don't get me wrong I can't wait to see what sansar have in store. So I am curious what is on yall minds? Are you excited for Sansar, please leaveyou comments and thoughts below. 

~ Love Tammy

I would not worry about Sansar taking people and tallent from Sl it won't happen.

• Like 1

I visited to see what it was like. I crashed logging in then walked around - I couldn't sit and even seemed to walk 'odd' certainly not as smoothly as I do in SL. In SL there are things to do other than walk. From the people I know and the groups I'm in there'll be no exodus to Sansar. It isn't the community that SL is.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Replace a total virtual world experience (second life) for experiences designed to sell soft drinks and cars? It would be like recording a tv show, then skipping the show just to watch the commercials.

I like this analogy! And it's something we have seen from the Lab for a decade, they still think this world we are in is best for business and education.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.