Making a good Asian male avatar

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Hello, I was wondering what kind of stuff I need to make a good Asian male avatar. I was thinking of starting with the "Tony" avatar and building my way up from there. I tried a product which I thought would make some nice Asian eyes but the HUD seems to not change anything.

you need a shape and skin, both are making the way you look.

There are several asian skins, look at MP, and go look inworld for demo's.

I don't know a lot of brands, but there will be posted more by others i guess... i'd say go have a look at clef de peau, or jomo.

... also think about what you want... classic avatar with just shape and skin, or also a mesh body and/or head.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

you need a shape and skin, both are making the way you look.

There are several asian skins, look at MP, and go look inworld for demo's.

I don't know a lot of brands, but there will be posted more by others i guess... i'd say go have a look at clef de peau, or jomo.

... also think about what you want... classic avatar with just shape and skin, or also a mesh body and/or head.

Hmm...I'll look at the brands you mentioned. I want to stick with classic as much as possible but am willing to go mesh if it makes the quality better. Thanks for the input!

8 hours ago, Gopi Passiflora said:

Hello, I was wondering what kind of stuff I need to make a good Asian male avatar. I was thinking of starting with the "Tony" avatar and building my way up from there. I tried a product which I thought would make some nice Asian eyes but the HUD seems to not change anything.

For classic avatars, you need to manually add a mesh part and then change it with a HUD. My guess is that you bought a product made for a set of mesh eyes.

Do not buy "appliers". They apply various textures to mesh parts - will do nothing on a classic avatar.

It sounds like you are willing to buy things. That makes it a lot easier. But an avatar with mesh head, body, some appliers, mesh eyes, nice hair, a few outfits and tattoos, accessories like a watch and sunglasses, can easy cost you 20 000 L. The cost of mesh head and body alone might be 8000 L.

I will suggest upgrading the classic avatar wilt new hair and clothes. Maybe a new skin. I had an old classic skin called "Tiger" that I show to the right. Other skins that I recommend is Aeros Avatars "Kitai". I think that is one of the best non-mesh asian skins. It was an amazing non-mesh skin called Kyu, sold by Hermony Laville, but that is pulled from the market. Really sad!

1:Tony as he is. 2:Tony with Dura "Game" hair, Gabriel Body Belt shirt, a tattoo from Sleepy Bozer and eyes from IKON. 3:Same as picture in the middle, but then The Shops "Tiger" skin in light.

And when you tested out SL, then start to buy mesh body parts! They add a totally new level of realism.

tony collage.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

For classic avatars, you need to manually add a mesh part and then change it with a HUD. My guess is that you bought a product made for a set of mesh eyes.

Do not buy "appliers". They apply various textures to mesh parts - will do nothing on a classic avatar.

It sounds like you are willing to buy things. That makes it a lot easier. But an avatar with mesh head, body, some appliers, mesh eyes, nice hair, a few outfits and tattoos, accessories like a watch and sunglasses, can easy cost you 20 000 L. The cost of mesh head and body alone might be 8000 L.

I will suggest upgrading the classic avatar wilt new hair and clothes. Maybe a new skin. I had an old classic skin called "Tiger" that I show to the right. Other skins that I recommend is Aeros Avatars "Kitai". I think that is one of the best non-mesh asian skins. It was an amazing non-mesh skin called Kyu, sold by Hermony Laville, but that is pulled from the market. Really sad!

1:Tony as he is. 2:Tony with Dura "Game" hair, Gabriel Body Belt shirt, a tattoo from Sleepy Bozer and eyes from IKON. 3:Same as picture in the middle, but then The Shops "Tiger" skin in light.

And when you tested out SL, then start to buy mesh body parts! They add a totally new level of realism.

tony collage.jpg

Thanks for the advice! I'll try out all of what you mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, neogaeryn said:

Hi AnnistynSL,

Sorry for the late reply.. Can I ask which vendor/creator is this from? And is it on MP?

This is from Mudskin. You can usually find the head appliers on the MP because they are gatcha skins. However:

- This skin is designed for the Catwa Catya head plus Maitreya Lara and V-tech boi chest. She has two skins designed for Catwa Daniel, one of which is currently at the Neo Japan event. The bare versions of that skin are actually available for purchase directly, versions with makeup are gatcha.

- The body skins do have an omega version but weren’t designed with the male mesh bodies in mind so aren’t a perfect fit there. 

• Like 1

On 16-4-2018 at 5:53 AM, neogaeryn said:

Hi AnnistynSL,

Sorry for the late reply.. Can I ask which vendor/creator is this from? And is it on MP?

Perhaps Iki gave the best answer. I found it at '3'<BMB>, just had a look but it;s gone. Sorry, but it has been a few months since you asked. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.