report abuse

mariadesign

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

No, you are not sitting on a horse.  You are wearing the horse.  That's the way it works.  It is not a vehicle.  It is an object that you wear.

If you want to avoid a griefer, sit on something else.  There are plenty of benches around you, and you can sit on any of them.

Meanwhile, you cannot be harmed.  Just be calm and collect all of the information you can about the griefer.  Take a picture.  Then submit am Abuse Report  (click HELP at the top of your screen).

Cross-posting from original question: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/408802-report-abuse/

Hello! 

Please do not name residents on the forum, even if they are in the wrong. This only draws attention to them, and causes witch hunts on the user, which LL does not like.

As for your issue, you can report someone by following these instructions: 

Although it will take time for LL to take action against this user, in the mean time, you can try some of the following:

1. If the land you are on is a private region, contact the owner of the sim or parcel
  2. Going somewhere they are not
  3. Wear a move locker. I have put one on the MP for free which you can get here: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Simple-movelock/12181735

Hope this helps!

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 2

I literally just downloaded this game completed the tutorial and moved to the next area of tutorials and had someone pushing me away from the tutorial videos. my avatar is sitting on a horse so I don't think sitting will work for me so I just grabbed a blocker. now to see if I can be left alone long enough to make use of it

6 hours ago, MahriM said:

I literally just downloaded this game completed the tutorial and moved to the next area of tutorials and had someone pushing me away from the tutorial videos. my avatar is sitting on a horse so I don't think sitting will work for me so I just grabbed a blocker. now to see if I can be left alone long enough to make use of it

If the horse you are sitting on is a worn attachment (vis the new wearable bento horses available with the new starter avatars) then you are not actually sitting; you just look like you are.  Real sitting, whether on the ground or on a (non worn) chair/rock/whatever always works against pushing.  This has been a constant is sl for many years, and is not going to have changed lately :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MahriM said:

had someone pushing me away from the tutorial videos. my avatar is sitting on a horse so I don't think sitting will work for me so I just grabbed a blocker. now to see if I can be left alone long enough to make use of it

just adding to Pixie's answer... when wearing a horse on a public place you'r a magnet for griefers/bumbers  and often a nuisance for others.. .. also be carefull with "toys" that prevent griefers to do their thing... it's often a griefertool itself, with you having the risk to get acted on as griefer.

• Like 1

Mahri,

Rolig and Pixie are correct.  Two of the new starter avatars are a male and female figure riding a horse.  You appear to be sitting on the horse, but the avatar is really BOTH the horse and the rider.  There's a special animation that make it appear that the horse is doing the walking when you move.  The horse is an attachment that you're wearing.  You CAN still right click a bench or a wall or something and sit on it...but I'm betting that it will look pretty darn weird.  It will still protect you from being pushed, though.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2483 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.