Slink feet on Maitreya body?

Talligurl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I currently use a Maitreya body, with the Maitreya feet, and just use the hud to tint the body to match my system head. I am considering going to a mesh head and then using a skin so the head and body matches perfectly with no possibility of a line between the two. I was wondering if I do this would I also be able to use slink feet, and have the same skin match the feet to the leg? I demoed Slink feet a while back and never bought them because of the difficulty in getting a perfect match. I would want to be able to switch back and forth between the Slink feet and the Maitreya ones fairly easily, as I would only be getting the Slink pointe toe feet, and only using them some of the time.

If your skin has appliers for your chosen head, the Maitreya body, AND Slink feet, you'll be fine. All appliers will probably be sold separately. 

If your skin DOESN'T sell appliers for all three of those things, at least one will have to be matched manually. The good news is, you'll only have to do it once. The bad news is, it can be a royal pain. However, thus far I've found that most places that sell skins for Maitreya also have Slink appliers, since Slink came first. 

Hey Tal! It does pair up with Maitreya like Ariel suggested. You would use the XS size. Any other size generally creates the seem between the leg and the foot though. If you do want to wear the larger size for whatever reason, a lot of jeans tend hide the seem perfectly.

I did try the demo, and was able to match the size fine, it was just the color that wasn't perfect, I guess i could have tried to adjust the body just a bit to try to tweek the match, since the neck seem is less critical because of my collar. Most of the time i would be wearing the pointe toe feet i would have bare legs, such a laying on the beach, so covering the seem with a pant leg isn't going to work.

When you tried the demo you had the applier for the feet and body from the same vendor and it didn't match? The few times I had tried it, I don't remember seeing a variation although its been awhile.

I assume you have some kind of bare foot accessory that only works with SLINK?

it is a slink foot, but the body is maitreya, maitreya does not make a pointe toe foot, I just used the Slink hud that came with the foot to try to match the maitreya body. 

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I did try the demo, and was able to match the size fine, it was just the color that wasn't perfect

As others have said already, you can't expect a  good match unless you have appliers specifically for your skin both for Maitreya and Slink. But once you have that, there should be no problems whatsoever and Slink has full support for Omega skin appliers so that shuoldn't be a problem today.

6 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I guess i could have tried to adjust the body just a bit to try to tweek the match, since the neck seem is less critical because of my collar.

Maitreya has a built in blender collar for the neck and it's absolutely brilliant. I've never seen a neck seam it can't hide. There is a catch though, although the Maitreya body is Omega compatible, the collar isn't so you need a Maitreya skin applier to use it.

Edited by ChinRey
Typos
  • Like 1

You need the SAME skin for all your body parts. Color matching does NOT work.

It's possible get get a decent color match by changing colours - but only for yourself with your windlight setting. I have a different setting and I don't render any facelight - so I will clearly see the line. :)

The Maitreya neck blender - of which some ppl think it works fine. Sorry - it doesn't. SL has a bug and does not perform a correct lighting on any transparent alpha-blend surfaces. That means - at a place with some local lights I will see a big dark stripe around your neck with my ultra settings while someone with ALM-off setting may think everything looks great.

Short version: different skins may work but only for yourself. Others will see you frankensteined at certain places. :) 

• Like 1

yes i know the only sure way to get a seamless transition from one to the other is with a single skin, and i know this will work with a mesh head, i was just wondering if the same think works with a Slink foot on a Maitreya body. Sounds like it does but i need separate applicators for them. 

Maitreya and Slink are both Omega compatible, you just have to get the Omega Kits. If you purchase skins that are made for Omega you can use them across all Omega compatible parts. IMO it's worth picking up the relay kits (they're cheaper if you're in the group and buy them in world at the store than on the Marketplace) and ensuring a perfect match with one skin purchase.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.