MarketPlace fraud

Valkyrie Jinx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I bought an armor outfit full perm on the marketplace for 2800 L$.

<REDACTED>

after i bought it, i got a note card in the box, "box creator and market store do not match.box creator says <REDACTED> and is using it for his own means.i flagged the item on market, so the store owner relisted it.

how do i report the scam and hopefully retrieve my lindens ?

Edited by Dakota Linden
Please do not post specific information about item or seller

9 answers to this question

First thing you do: please remove the links. We are not allowed to discredit named products or people here for very obvious reasons.

Beyond that, did the box contain only the notecard or did it also have the outfit that is advertised?

If you didn't receive the outfit, you go back to the item listing, click on the red flag icon and report is as "Item not as advertised".

Edited by ChinRey
Major rewrite

Maybe @Whirly Fizzle understands something here that I don't, but I can't figure out what the problem is.  You bought a suit of armor.  You never said whether you actually received the armor or not, but you said that you got a notecard about the box creator and the market store not matching and that someone named Credo stole the box.  So ..... ?  Who put the notecard in the box?  Why would anyone put a notecard in a box that tells you that the box was stolen?  Does that make any sense at all?  Why do you care about the box?  What's the "scam"? 

• Like 1

I think we need a little bit more info and some clarification, Valkyrie.

I first read your post the way Rolig did and wrote a reply similar to her. Then I saw Whirly's post and realized it could be understood differently.

So, when you say

"box creator and market store do not match.box creator says XXXX STOLE HER BOX and is using it for his own means.i flagged the item on market, so the store owner relisted it.

Is that what the box creator told you or is it what the notecard said?

It's not really important to the case but I don't think I'm the only one who is curious. ;)

In any case, flag it and let Linden Lab sort it out. You may also flag it as "Spam or Disallowed..." - ""Disabled and Relisted".

I didn't know you could file support ticket requesting a refund but if you didn't receive the item you thought you bought, it's definitely something you should do.

It's certainly something fishy about that setup btw. The images are all from the internet and show Daz3D costumes and items. Daz3D content can not be legally imported to or used in Second Life (unless it's something you made from scratch yourself) and the images don't even show the same outfit.

Might also be worth noticing that this is female outfit rigged for male mesh bodies. That sounds a bit strange.

Is it my imagination or are there some alarm bells ringing here?

Edited by ChinRey
More comments

This has been happening often with gatcha items for me too.  Today I paid a large sum for a gatcha rare and all I got was an invisible empty box.  I had to search just to find it.  It saddens me that there is no protection against the gatcha scams on MP.  Its hard to even flag them or comment, because it's a one item sell.  I have lost alot on gatcha items and today I got annoyed enough to submit a ticket after taking a screen shot.  I hope others that experience this start reporting it so LL can see how big of an issue it is.

How do I flag it when the page is no longer there after a single sell?  Do I flag another item in the store?  I can only leave a review from transactions.  I don't see an option to flag it.  This is the issue with a limited quantity sell.

1 hour ago, Peanutpunk said:

This has been happening often with gatcha items for me too.  Today I paid a large sum for a gatcha rare and all I got was an invisible empty box.  I had to search just to find it.  It saddens me that there is no protection against the gatcha scams on MP.  Its hard to even flag them or comment, because it's a one item sell.  I have lost alot on gatcha items and today I got annoyed enough to submit a ticket after taking a screen shot.  I hope others that experience this start reporting it so LL can see how big of an issue it is.

It's not just gacha items.  This is a scam I call the Empty Box Scam.  See my blog post here for details: http://acrossthegridwithlindal.blogspot.com/2014/04/an-example-of-empty-box-scam.html

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.