Land Problem

Izzy Greymyst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Has anyone experienced objects disappearing then immediately appearing.   My plants do that, my horses are doing that.   I was on another sim and had no problems.  Then I moved o a different sim and all these problems are occuring.  People have come out to check  and said land has no problems..but offered no solution.  We are also the owners of the sim and other sims and have not had any problems.  We are very frustrated.

Edited by Izzy Greymyst
I left an important note out.

9 answers to this question

Maybe it's something more dire, but seems to me it might simply be the old alpha-sorting problem. Are the appearing/disappearing surfaces partially transparent, with other partially transparent things behind them? (Well, they may not appear partially transparent, though: they just need alpha-channel textures, set for "alpha blending"... but the reference to "infrared" / "show transparent" seems a clue to this.)

Edited by Qie Niangao

2 hours ago, Izzy Greymyst said:

can view it only in infrared.

think you mean in "show transparant"   :) infrared would be really surprising and rare :)

perhaps post your graphic cards info here or total system specs ( help menu and copy paste it here)

if you are on firestorm, have a look at the Advanced Menu - Rendering types ... everything should be checked there. ..  it could be possible you disabled one or other debugsetting with your keys. ... but this is just a guess...

I have never seen this but it sounds like something to do with scripts?  Have you gone into the sim tools and checked to see what scripts might be running that shouldn't be? It could be something left and missed from the last owner (assuming this isn't a new sim). If it is a new sim then there could be something wrong with the script engine? (not really a scripts person, just thinking out loud). Have you restarted the sim? That would certainly be a first step and then talking to concierge. 

Good luck. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.