Why can't I cash out any Lindens?

ChrisDiamond865

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I've had payment info on SL for years.  I haven't played in a while but I now have 2,064 Lindens that I would like to send to my PayPal account but under my trading limits it says that I'm a New Resident 2 tier.

Why is that?  My limits for cashing out are literally ZERO dollars.

That's absurd considering I've added money to the game in the past..   I've been able to cash out in previous years..     why can't I now?

edit: For some reason it autologged me into my alt..   My main has been in SL for 7 years and has payment info on file for 7 years..

Edited by ChrisDiamond865

15 answers to this question

1 hour ago, ChrisDiamond865 said:

edit: For some reason it autologged me into my alt..   My main has been in SL for 7 years and has payment info on file for 7 years..

Ummmm... you did try to simply log off your alt and then log on your main, didn't you?

In any case, this definitely sounds like a problem with your web browser's autologon function being a bit over-enthusiastic so if you can't get it to behave, try to log on with a different browser or on a different computer.

Edited by ChinRey
minor rephrasing

6 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

Ummmm... you did try to simply log off your alt and then log on your main, didn't you?

In any case, this definitely sounds like a problem with your web browser's autologon function being a bit over-enthusiastic so if you can't get it to behave, try to log on with a different browser or on a different computer.

Yes I actually logged into the main Dashboard area where you can manage your lindens and everything with my main character.  The lindens showed up and everything that's on him..  I just have a zero dollar cash out limit for some reason on him.. even though he's been in SL and payment info for 7 years..    

I'm just here to find out why that is..  

When you say that you have put money in to SL over the years, I assume that means you have bought Lindens (with the main account) - or just paid for Premium membership and tier?  If the former, then that should have started the clock on cash out limits.  You'll likely need a support ticket for this then.  If you are Premium, you can also try Chat. If you've not bought Lindens, you need to do that to fire up those limits.

It could be that there is a minimum cash out. That is less than the $10 that most Opensim grids have as a minimum cashout BECAUSE of Paypal's rules.  So in most Opensim grids (and private money traders in Opensim) you can't take out any money until you have at least $10.  That zero cash out just may be a "foggy" message that is up there until you have $10 worth -- most likely plus the cash out fee. 

Just a guess. 

Well I haven't added any money in the last couple of years.. but surely that doesn't matter?  If it does that's a bunch of bull

I checked my limits in the limits section and like I said, it's at zero..  everything is zero..    I can add money but I can't cash any out which is silly if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, ChrisDiamond865 said:

Well I haven't added any money in the last couple of years.. but surely that doesn't matter?  If it does that's a bunch of bull

I checked my limits in the limits section and like I said, it's at zero..  everything is zero..    I can add money but I can't cash any out which is silly if you ask me.

contact support... we can not change anything on it and we don't know what's the reason.

This thread can last for hundreds of posts.. but we still will know as much as at the time you placed the first post.

The time since you last added money shouldn't matter. It may be as Chic suggested -- the amount you want to cash out is less than a specific minimum - L$2064 is only about $7.50 - $8.00 .  I'd suggest contacting support.  If you are premium, you may do live chat, otherwise submit a support ticket.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

When you say that you have put money in to SL over the years, I assume that means you have bought Lindens (with the main account) - or just paid for Premium membership and tier?  If the former, then that should have started the clock on cash out limits.  You'll likely need a support ticket for this then.  If you are Premium, you can also try Chat. If you've not bought Lindens, you need to do that to fire up those limits.

Hai Jewell :) im trying to cash out some lindens Ive never done it before and My limits for cashing out are  ZERO dollars.  I have a paypal account linked etc . Ive been in sl for about 2 years and have payment info from when I used to buy lindens before I started selling stuff in sl and making lindens so I no longer needed to buy any. When I try to seel Lindens in my dashboard I get "Your account does not have sufficent funds to request a payout. " I assume that's because of my cashout limits being ZERO?. so if ive bought lindenz before(many times actually) why hasn't the 'clock' been started and /so I can cash out my earned lindens? any help would be great fanx :)

24 minutes ago, anonymissblondie said:

Hai Jewell :) im trying to cash out some lindens Ive never done it before and My limits for cashing out are  ZERO dollars.  I have a paypal account linked etc . Ive been in sl for about 2 years and have payment info from when I used to buy lindens before I started selling stuff in sl and making lindens so I no longer needed to buy any. When I try to seel Lindens in my dashboard I get "Your account does not have sufficent funds to request a payout. " I assume that's because of my cashout limits being ZERO?. so if ive bought lindenz before(many times actually) why hasn't the 'clock' been started and /so I can cash out my earned lindens? any help would be great fanx :)

Have you sold the L$ so that you actually have a US $ balance?  Are you trying to cash out at least US $13 ($10 minimum plus minimum $3 fee)?  If either of those two are not true, you could get the message mentioned. 

You say that your cashout limits are zero, yet you have purchased limits in the past.  The limits are shown as "US $<amount-remaining> of US $<total-amount-allowed> used" -- is the first of those 2 numbers zero or both?

• Like 1

I think we have all said that there isn't enough money to cash out except (as Lindal said and I didn't know except that it is so in Inworldz ) if you are abandoning your account. Unless someone else has a different idea, I believe that is our communal best guess :D.  

This message you get: "count does not have sufficent funds to request a payout. "

is the answer. You need at least $13 to take money out. Make some more money, turn it into cash and take your money out then. 

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Have you sold the L$ so that you actually have a US $ balance?  Are you trying to cash out at least US $13 ($10 minimum plus minimum $3 fee)?  If either of those two are not true, you could get the message mentioned. 

You say that your cashout limits are zero, yet you have purchased limits in the past.  The limits are shown as "US $<amount-remaining> of US $<total-amount-allowed> used" -- is the first of those 2 numbers zero or both?

hai Jewell thank you for answering :D  okee I solved that issue but now have a new one . yes I sold my lindens and now have a USD balance its over 10 dollars . when I process Credit  ? it seems like its processing  and says 'in progress' and then a few hours later when I check the status it says Closed/refunded . Ive tried processing it again but get the same result. Any idea why or what I should do to remedy this? again Fanx

1 minute ago, anonymissblondie said:

hai Jewell thank you for answering :D  okee I solved that issue but now have a new one . yes I sold my lindens and now have a USD balance its over 10 dollars . when I process Credit  ? it seems like its processing  and says 'in progress' and then a few hours later when I check the status it says Closed/refunded . Ive tried processing it again but get the same result. Any idea why or what I should do to remedy this? again Fanx

I have actually never seen / heard of that message.   If nobody else pops in with a good answer, then I'd suggest you open a new topic, titled something like "Process Credit - Closed/Refunded", so that the title grabs anyone familar with the issue.

• Like 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I have actually never seen / heard of that message.   If nobody else pops in with a good answer, then I'd suggest you open a new topic, titled something like "Process Credit - Closed/Refunded", so that the title grabs anyone familar with the issue.

okeeeeee Fanx jewell :)  muahs

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.