"S" marker on sim that is not available

Aeriabella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Aeriabella said:

Why would a sim be invisible or unavailable with only it's position marked by an S ?

A friend of mine is trying to access a sim, and cannot, and all she sees is and S marking the spot where the sim should be.

my guess is the sim is locked for public access and there's such huge advertising prim above it what shows on the worldmap

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Aeriabella said:

Why would a sim be invisible or unavailable with only it's position marked by an S ?

A friend of mine is trying to access a sim, and cannot, and all she sees is and S marking the spot where the sim should be.

This I have never heard of before. If a sim is unavailable all that is usually visible from adjacent land is a vast blue nothingness until a sim is restarted and reappears again. 

Screenshot if you have one please.

As Alwin says, this is two separate issues.

Any land owner can place a great big prim over their land.  If it's at an altitude of less than 250m, it will show up on the World map.

Likewise, any sim owner can restrict access to a group, or to a white list of allowed people.  Or they can take the sim off line.  It will still show up on the map, for a while, but nobody will be able to get there.

My guess is that the sim owner is building something new and wants to keep everyone away (and the new build hidden under the big S prim) until she's ready to unveil it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.