Requesting region capabilities, 2,3

HelenaHandcart

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok, so upon login, I can't get past the requesting region capabilities screen..  It goes to 2, 3 then shows an error.  It is not a  problem with my internet as my other avatar can log in.  I've tried logging in at different sims, and still nothing.  It has been 1 week - advice anyone?  I'm pretty disappointed as this is my main avatar and haven't had this happen before. 

I've erased firestorm and re-downloaded..  I have no idea where my avatar was last in world - I had a bad crash and haven't been able to log in since.

I've also tried logging in from the SL viewer.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much.

Helena, this sounds like a problem with the region you were on when you crashed or possibly your account data got scrambled.  If where you crashed was different to your home point try changing your login location to home.  If THAT fails, contact LL either via a trouble ticket or if you are Premium, via Live Chat.  It was very unlikely to be your viewer, so reinstalling might actually complicate matters, but don't worry that is a minor issue.  It is possible that your avatar is "ghosted" on that sim, but LL can sort that for you.

Edited by Ayesha Askham
to make sense

Thanks Ayesha, I have tried logging in at various sims.. to no avail.

I have contacted LL and filed a ticket, just more frustrating than anything else.  It's just hung up on the region capabilities..  but I've encountered strange SL quirks before (ghosted avi) and this too will pass.  I wondered if there was something else I could try that I hadn't done yet, hopefully LL get's ahold of me and helps me figure this out. :)

You said you already tried logging into different regions, which didn't help.

The fact that your alts can login without any problem suggests the problem may be caused by the affected accounts inventory or possibly something worn on the affected avatar.
If the affected account has a large, flat inventory structure causing the login to time out, then support have a special tool to deflatten your inventory. As a workaround for now, see if you can login if you clear cache.  If you can then that pretty much proves the problem is a flat inventory structure.

2 minutes ago, HelenaHandcart Resident said:

How do I clear my  cache if I can't log in?

• Launch the viewer to the login screen.
  • LL viewer: Top menu bar -> Me -> Preferences -> Advanced -> "Clear cache" button.
  • Firestorm: Top menu bar -> Viewer -> Preferences -> Network & Files -> Directories -> "Clear cache" button.
  • Quit the viewer & relaunch & see if you can login in normal time.

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What is a flat inventory structure?  As opposed to what?

A flat inventory is one which has many thousands of items in one or more folders, where an item is a folder or a single asset.
Having many thousands of items in a single folder is a "flat" structure.
The more sub-foldering you do in your inventory, the better.
It's especially evil to have many folders or loose assets in the root inventory folder.

Your viewer cache stores the inventory structure.
During viewer login, the inventory structure is loaded from the inventory cache on your computer during the "Requesting inventory views" phase.
If an inventory is large *and* flat, requesting inventory views can take a very long time.
You only have so long to get fully logged in from clicking the login button (~2 mins max). If login takes longer then this (for any reason) it will time out & login will either just hang or you will appear to get logged in but get disconnected shortly after login completes.
On a clean cache, creating inventory views is instant because there's no inventory structure to load.

@HelenaHandcart Resident You should file a support ticket with LL support at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Tell them that you cannot login one specific avatar unless you clean the viewer cache & that you suspect you need your inventory deflattened & they will check that & get it fixed for you.

Edited by Whirly Fizzle
Typo

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, loicthemodele said:

Hello

I ve got the same problem since 5 days Requesting region capabilities 1, 2, 3 and then log out ...

sadly i ve no answer of LL ...I ve only one avi :(((     if anyone  hve a clue for me ....

Thanks for all

Lucie

Have you tried all the suggestions in the posts above?  Firstly trying a different region to log in to

hello Cindy

tanks for your answer ..but yes indeed

I ve tried to log after having clearing the cache (several time)

I ve cheched my connection 350mbits

I ve no other avi so i cant try with another one

I ve let a message on the LL 4 days ago suggesting to them it could be a problem of my inventory but no news ......

That's why i ve tied again here ...

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Have you tried all the suggestions in the posts above?  Firstly trying a different region to log in to

hello Cindy

I ve let a message on the LL 4 days ago suggesting to them it could be a problem of my inventory but no news ......

5 minutes ago, loicthemodele said:

hello Cindy

Some more suggestions for help here http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

• 6 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2140 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.