What do you Create in Second Life! Show me what ya got!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Senkiya Zsun wrote:

Full view, high LOD

And the land impact cost of all that?

Including the interior stairs, railings, and floors, and the slab with perimeter fence, 98 prims. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Anyone who wants to visit, just look up Senkiya's Dodgy Dojo.

When I went there to see it, everything rezzed instantly. I'm impressed. This shows well what one can do with mesh - low land impact, fast rezzing, and yet high visual detail. This is excellent! :smileyhappy: :heart:

I'm not the best at capturing photos, I hope that these turn out OK. I learned that if you upload the 1st image and name it Roman because it is a Roman style; all you photos will have the name Roman. I'm not a computer mechanic, I did what I could do.

A roman theme

roman_001.jpg

Supposed to be a hotel

roman_002.jpg

An Administrative build

roman_003.jpg

A House

roman_007.jpg

A fully independent suspension with a CVC drive

roman_011.jpg

Some shapes I make using a method known to me as "spinning". I have made about 275 of these types of shapes, they are all different. You can learn a lot from making these shapes.

roman_016.jpg

One of several small City models I enjoy building.

roman_024.jpg

A 29 prim sail boat, no sculpts, the sails are Toruses.

roman_018.jpg

One of several Arch fronts I have been developing, this is 220? prims.

roman_028.jpg

Another arch front, takes time to hammer out all the sizes, I'm still not "happy" with the shape. I'm going for perfection.

roman_029.jpg

Another facade.

roman_030.jpg

A super secret engine that I'm working on. I can only show this part for security reason.

roman_021.jpg

A ground based gatling gun.

roman_006.jpg

A hull for an aircraft carrier

roman_015.jpg

I try to build a variety of objects. Some turn out good and some do not. Conceptualizing, designing, drafting and then constructing an object that looks good, is easier said than done. I use regular prims, no sculpts. I could really use a Texturer. I understand all of the mechanics of texturing, I have trouble with selecting fashionable colors. I have hundreds of build, some that I've forgotten that I made. I hope you like these.

• Like 2

Thank you, I have several components, but I'm still trying to bring it all together so that it all works. I'm guess 15,000 prims should be just enough prims for the Super Build. :smileyvery-happy:

Your work is of exceptional quality, very good work. A refined product. It helps me to see where I have to go.

Pamela has some great textures on her buildings.

To: Hippie,

ty, I would love to build a power system for a craft or station.

In theory (not mine), the engine would produce a variable energy field capable of interacting with molecular fields, this action is a side effect and not the primary function of the engine.

I made tunnel boring machine without looking at any pictures. I should have looked at some pictures. The don't make them like this for a reason. I built it with the idea that I might have to actually ride in it, I don't like dying deep underground.

roman_013.jpg

roman_012.jpg

• Like 1

More new yet old buildings in 1920s Berlin :)

As my textures and buildings become more complicated and realistic, I slowly replace the old, more simplistic ones.

Here are a few I recently changed;

First, two simple small shops with apartments above them.
To reach the apartments you have to go up some stairs on the outside and to the back of the building where there is a court yard with public toilet, waterpump, etc.

6254567267_cb1ee175a6_b.jpg

6254568549_1c93d88c71_b.jpg

The next building is another working class tenament, small 1 room apartments around a staircase with a shared toilet, right next to a famous gay/transvestite club and overlooking the station.
Yes those very narrow small windows at the bottom have some apartments behind them as well, the infamous basement living below street level.
Not very comfortable so the poor people who live here are generally very upset with life, no wonder extremists use their walls for political propaganda.

Snapshot_003.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On march the 24th 1929 the old neglected bath house on Friedrichstrasse was completely rebuild and upgraded to 1920s standards.
And a new and improved Volksbad was opened.
These buildings are very important to neighbourhoods as ours as they are more then just a swimming pool for sports and leisure.
Most people who live here don’t have a bathroom in their house or even the building they live in.
Many don’t even have a toilet.
So the Volksbad is a place where people go to wash and get clean… but also have fun!

So, welcome at Volksbad Friedrichstrasse!
In the lobby you buy your token and choose if you’re going upstairs for a bath in a private cubicle, or if you want to go swim in the big pool.
Upstairs you simply enjoy a proper bath in private or visit the gallery to look at the swimmers below.
If you want to go for a sim, you change in one of the dressing rooms (we have free swimsuits), take a shower (this is compulsory) and you’re ready to enjoy the fresh water.
If you want to go for a swim, touch the swimstone by the steps.

And have you found the Turkish Steam room yet?

Every saturday at noon slt we have bath hour for a special group; kids, women only, etc.

6864152012_d36952737b_c.jpg

6864151422_19c03cb968_c.jpg

7010266705_7e161935fe_z.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I have released the SS LadySue - Explorer Class!  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/SS-Ladysue-Explorer-Class-Box/3745060

This is a non-physical drive Flying Vehicle. Prim count is 250, with no scenes rezzed.  Ship has Vertical and Horizontal landing gear for ground landings, air lock, engineering section, zero gee elevator, theater, galley, captains quarters, crew quarters, Hangar bay, Ready room, EVA pod, Egress ramp, docking tube. Particles come out of all thrusters when in use.  There are weapons operated at the flight deck.  There is a sim map for navigation.  There is a display that displays
altitude, speed, and horizon, at the pilot station.  There are lights throughout the ship.

Whew!  Took over 9 months to build.  Was a fun build!  Here are some pictures!

ss1.png

Flight surfaces extended.

ss2.png

Vertical Liftoff.

ss3.jpg

Hangar Bay with EVA Pod

ss4.jpg

Galley

ss5.jpg

Galley and theater

ss6.jpg

Crews quarters

ss7.jpg

In flight

ss8.jpg

Flight deck

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.