What do you Create in Second Life! Show me what ya got!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's all straight edges. Only 272 vertices, 296 triangles, lots of identical normals. It's curves that get expensive. Also, as it's going to be indoors, it uses the default LOD meshes which are horrible. The physics mesh is just 5 planes and two posts (for the posts not against a wall). Actually, I worked out that I could do it with one sculpty (8x512 map). I might do that for fun. So it's not that great. I couldn't get the mesh down to 1 prim though. That would probably  be possible if I made it have rounded edges (like the sculpty would have), but that would spoil it.

Jaylin Wytchwood wrote:

Well, at present, Houses, that are not too Primmy
:)

The First has 107 Prims, :the Second 86 Prims.

Swallows Nest.jpgGN totale.jpg

Tried to build a bit of Jewelery too, but like houses more:

Diamond Wedding (1).jpg

Great builds there Jaylin!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Well. I eventually finished the sculpty stairs. Two 4x256 (8x512 maps) sculpties and it survives one LOD step completely intact (shading changes only). It doesn't look as nice as the mesh because of the rounded edge shading and I can't make a baked texture at those map dimesions. It takes nine prims to make the shape to walk on, and when these are linked with the sculpts set to physics type none, the final cost is 6 prims. This was 5 - 10 times as much work as making the mesh version. Never again!

sculptystairs.jpg

Drongle McMahon wrote:

Well. I eventually finished the sculpty stairs. Two 4x256 (8x512 maps) sculpties and it survives one LOD step completely intact (shading changes only). It doesn't look as nice as the mesh because of the rounded edge shading and I can't make a baked texture at those map dimesions. It takes nine prims to make the shape to walk on, and when these are linked with the sculpts set to physics type none, the final cost is 6 prims. This was 5 - 10 times as much work as making the mesh version. Never again!

sculptystairs.jpg

Wow that looks so good Drongle!  Bravo!

Peace!

• 2 weeks later...

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Here's a few things I've made:

Tentacle Armz Stage

Cyberia [Night]

FourCornerz Stage

No sculpts, no custom textures, just a load o' geometry. I've built lots more but never got around to making a photo collection.

So good Alazarin! Great builds!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

Hello Drongle! My place is in Crescent [Crescent 72, 98, 53]. It's only a small parcel so I change and rebuild my place fairly regularly. At the moment I've got a low-prim build decked out in the Half-Life Chateau textures.

BTW, does anyone know how to stop glow being offset to one side in photos? It always happens to me and has put me off the idea of doing a photo portfolio of my builds.

I've never noticed it happening myself, it may be down to a video card setting... you do want to make sure the setting for "high rez snapshots" is turned off... that setting doesn't do anything any more, except bork things (it's legacy code from before we could set the image size our selves).... you might also try different save formats, as it could just be a bad conversion in one library, or use print screen button and then change the format in your image editor

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, just to bump Alizarin's beautiful pictures, here is something else I made. I'm afraid it's mesh again. Caught at midnight in my mesh gallery in Mesh City. Just playing with lighting. I don't usually have it turned on. It's rotating, and the round bits are rotating inside it.

dodec_lit.jpg

• Like 1

Drongle McMahon wrote:

Oh well, just to bump Alizarin's beautiful pictures, here is something else I made. I'm afraid it's mesh again. Caught at midnight in my mesh gallery in Mesh City. Just playing with lighting. I don't usually have it turned on. It's rotating, and the round bits are rotating inside it.

dodec_lit.jpg

That is so cool Dongle!  Wow!  Thanks for sharing!

Peace!

I build a neighbourhood in 1920s Berlin.

Houses, streets, dirty small damp smelly apartments, everything;

Snapshot_139.jpg20833_127188123988074_100000906607994_140108_3453300_n.jpgBerlin Alexanderplatz station

Snapshot_106.jpg

I also make stuff, mostly for common workingclass people from the early 20th century, but I only have advertisement pictures of that stuff, so I hope this is ok to post;

weimar! advertisement for Retropolitan.jpg

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.